“Surprised it was so bad”

Kalbarri Motor Hotel
Ranked #13 of 27 Restaurants in Kalbarri
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We mostly ordered pizzas. They are pilled with sub par ingredients and so much cheese you can't really distinguish anything. If they were just paired back a little with quality toppings they would be great. The prices were fine but we could not finish 4 pizzas between 5 of us, they just weren't enjoyable enough. Chicken Parma that the other person in our party had was fine but the chips tasted stale like they had been reheated. Drinks and general country pub ambience is good but don't come here to eat.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Avoid this place as the service from the staff in the restaurant was appalling.. A big group of us decided to go to the pub to get the kids some pizzas for dinner. They were meant to open the kitchen up at 6pm.. at 6:10pm a very rude lady starting taking orders from the very large line. Only to tell us that so much on the menu had sold out and that they weren’t going to take any orders for another 30minutes. I asked why and she abruptly told me that ‘they’re only a small town’ and I suggested that given it was Easter long weekend they should be prepared. She then started attacking me. I’m sorry but there is a polite way of addressing issues and speaking rudely to patrons isn’t one of them.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Ate here on a couple of occasions whilst staying in Kalbarri. Great menu on offer for lunch and dinner. A cash only bar was a bit inconvenient but we coped.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This place runs like a well oiled machine. Line up, place your order, and your buzzer buzzes when its ready, pick it up from the counter. Good spread of the usual pub fare. They do good pizzas - good value for the size.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

This establishment was quite busy and at times you would line up for 10 - 15 minutes to order a meal. The meals came out fairly quickly though and there was a lot of variety. Some meals were great and others were very average. Was refused a pint of iced water at the bar though, which made me angry as myself and my friend are pregnant and wanted a cold drink but didn’t feel like soft drink. We were pointed to a water cooler and tiny glasses and the water in the cooler was very warm. It made me angry considering the money we were spending there most evenings, the prices are a little high for some of the meals too! Every interaction we had with the publican of the establishment was tense as he was extremely grumpy. Family friendly, need to keep a close eye on kids though as the play area is against the carpark and there is no fence, wasn’t an issue for us. The live music was great and the general atmosphere was jovial.

1  Thank Qtownmum