All reviews visiting st lynnwood dave hosts beaches breakfast island
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Jan and Dave are lovely, welcoming hosts who made me feel at home from the moment I walked through their door. Lynwood is a lovely place to stay, spotlessly clean with everything you could need for a comfortable and peaceful holiday in The Scillies. Little touches such as fresh flowers in the bedroom and also on the breakfast table, complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits (replenished each day!!) and complimentary toiletries showed how much Jan and Dave value their guests and want them to relax and enjoy themselves.
Breakfast is a relaxed affair with excellent food freshly cooked. There is plenty of choice and even real butter provided for the toast!
Lynwood is perfectly situated for all amenities in Hugh Town and for the 2 main beaches as well as being only a short walk to The Quay for the day trips out on the boats.
Thank you Jan and Dave for a really lovely stay and I can't wait to return!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Alison W
Reviewed 20 August 2015

Jan was a wonderful host and helped us out no end whilst staying on St Marys. The guesthouse itself was immaculate and our room pristine. Breakfast was fantastic and located just 5 minute walk from town it was an ideal location for us. We wouldn't hesitate to return!

Room Tip: There are 3 floors so if you have difficulties with stairs I would request a room on the second floor :-)
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2015

Great location in Hugh Town, easy access to facilities in the town and for the ferry to Penzance or the other islands.

Dave and Jan are very accommodating hosts and the facilities were great.

Would be happy to go there again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Lovely clean modern accommodation. The Proprietors Jan & Dave are so accommodating and friendly, nothing seems too much trouble.

The location is also excellent a flat walk (no hills) to either Porthcressa Beach (about 100 yards) or Town Beach. 150 yards.

Room Tip: There are rooms on two floors, if you have trouble climbing stairs ask for the first floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My partner and I booked to stay here for 3 nights and paid £80 deposit. Tragically, my partners 16 year old son was knocked down and killed the week before our holiday and we had to cancel.

The Ferry company, car park and 2 other B&B's we had paid for all refunded us in full without hesitation. However, my request to Lynwood for my deposit to be refunded or used against a future stay was met with refusal - I was told that I should have taken out travel insurance.

A sad state of affairs when cash comes before compassion....

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple