All reviewsthe busabove groundclean hotelhelpful in every waysparkling cleanblue grottostayed here for one nightfriendly and helpful ownerslate at nighthotel is locatedincluded breakfastquiet locationchair liftmonte solaroamazing viewscapri townrita
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights having booked three, not wanting to stay the final night. This is in spite of the staff being friendly, and driving us to where we could get a taxi from. The hotel is in a need of an upgrade and really not worth the nearly 150 euro a night we paid for it. The bed is rock hard, the towels are like rags, the pressure in the shower is like a trickle, we had a problem with flies in the bathroom, the breakfast buffet is sparse at best, and on top of that there was a lot of noise at night from people coming in and slamming the side door. After our first night we asked for some extra pillows, and for a note to be put up telling people not to slam the side door. The lady at reception said she would do both for us, but neither request was fulfilled. There is a nice garden and terrace, but for the price you pay, you can get somewhere much nicer.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harald G
ilary66, Direttore at Hotel Bussola, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Dear Mister Harald
I am so sorry about your stay .. and i tryed to did all my best telling to the other guest to do not make noise with the door in the night, but as you know other guest were staying as you for the big wedding and were all coming late in the night for the party... i really apologies but is very hard when other guest have no respect for Others and of course i could not push them out. About the price of the room i will suggest next time to book direct with the hotel , whereever you go , since when you book with a tour operator there is the remark of the 25% for them!! Wish you all the best and so sorry again

Reviewed 1 September 2017

The location is perfect, about a 5-7 minute walk into the center of Anacapri town where you can access the bus that takes you to other parts of the island (beach, lighthouse, Capri town, marina....), or to the chairlift to the top of Monte Solaro. The staff were lovely and very helpful with everything we needed - directions, tour arrangements, even laundry. Rooms are very small but clean. Terrace is lovely, and there's a small above-ground pool. Breakfast was nice too. Recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms are small but have a patio area
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Great family hotel with clean rooms and good, quiet location in Anacapri, 5 min walking to the town center. They have a wonderful breakfast, and super friendly and helpful owners and staff.
They will pick you up for free at the Anacapri bus-stop, though in high season I would recommend to ask the staff to pick you up from the ferry - this costs less than a taxi and is much less hazzle.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SHedin19
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I honestly could not have made a better choice when you look at all the possible places one could stay. I chose Anacapri because I did not want congestion considering it was peak season. The location is at the center of Anacapri and close to transportation to the grottos, beaches and Capri central (all about 15 minutes away). The Anacapri shopping area, restaurants galore and my favorite excursion, the Monte Solaro Chairlift are all within walking distance from this bed and breakfast.

The rooms are comfortable and clean. Perfect for getting a great night's rest. The breakfast spread was THE BEST I had in my 12 day excursion in Italy. But the real gem is the family. I made a friend with Rita. She took care of me, helped me when my plans had to change and recommended places to eat that were phenomenal. I want to return to Capri/Anacapri just because of how wonderful they were and to see more amazing sites. Grazie di tutto!

Room Tip: Great for family, couples, for relaxation and fun.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grizellegl
Reviewed 30 July 2017

The hotel was beautiful and very clean. The rooms had a very nice patio! The hotel staff was extremely helpful and kind. The pool was a nice surprise and the wifi worked great. I recommend taking a taxi to Anacapri, but the bus is also a possibility. Even with the annoying bus ride up with luggage, it is definitely worth it to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family