People expecting Ritz-Carlton type accomodations for the $80-$100 euro will be disappointed. People expecting a unique and solid homebase for exploring Capri will be happy.
If you shop for accomodations on Capri you will find that Bussola is one of the most reasonable and affordably priced on the island. There is not much at even twice the price on Capri. Based on the other postings it seems like people had set their expectations out of line with their budgets.
Bussola is quaint, lush with interesting vegitation(see picture), the rooms are clean, nice and comfortable and the hosts are very friendly and accomodating.
It is a little tricky to find but I would look at that as a positive little adventure because the road approaching Bussola is interesting and unique.
I would easily stay again here .
As far as other postings about the hosts -- it's similar to any B&B -- you can always catch the caretaker at an awkward time. You can't generalize about a person based on a 10 minute experience. These are genuinely nice people that enjoy sharing Capri with those that don't have their own motoryachts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A wonderful welcoming hotel, in neo classic style, rooms are furnished with all comfort, some with private terrace overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Bussola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bussola Di Hermes Hotel
- Bussola Di Hermes Anacapri
- Hotel Bussola Island Of Capri/Anacapri, Italy