“Excellent guac!!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Had a great Friday evening here.The margaritas were really good.They use fresh cane sugar.The guacamole was really good. It was super fresh and a generous portion. After having this with chips and salsa we could only eat a small portion of our meal.I had fish tacos..good...nothing special .My husband had chicken quesadillas that were incredible.The yucca fries were good with the sauce.We had enough for lunch the next day!! Our server was great.She had a great sense if humor and made us very welcome. It was chilly outside so she offered to move us in. We will definitely be back!!

1  Thank LaxnFH
Caroline J, Marketing at Papa Grandes, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Thank you for the kind words and taking the time to share your dining experience. We are so glad you enjoyed your food and service and we are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 9 September 2016

We were tired of seafood and wanted to try Mexican. This is a small but delightful restaurant and the summer crowds have gone so it was not too busy. I knew I was in for a treat when I saw the cook picking fresh herbs from a small garden while walking in. The steak fajitas were fantastic. The seasonings were superb and will go down in my memory as the best I have had. The salsa was a little disappointing but was certainly fresh. My wife's taco salad was loaded with meat and could have used more lettuce but was still tasty. Will definitely visit again.

Caroline J, Marketing at Papa Grandes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive dining experience! We are so glad you decided to come check us out and are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Overlooking the bayside, this place is really good. Big blue 2 story barn looking building on the west side of the water.
Great Mexican food, great drinks, really good service. There is a large full bar inside with plenty of seating and we sat outside on picnic tables overlooking the water.
Create ur own tacos for HH, sides of bean and rice for under $10 plus we had a bunch of margaritas ! All really good, no issues at all.
Def a great place for lunch on a great day!!

Caroline J, Marketing at Papa Grandes, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Thanks so much for the kind words! We are so glad you had such a great lunch and are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2016

Acceptable atmosphere especially the festive second floor bar area, service was fine and prices weren't too out of line but the food for this party of four was less than noteworthy. The padron pepper appetizer had a slight bitter aftertaste. Three taco orders were bland, the blackened fish had little seasoning, the buttermilk fish taco was generous but tasteless (had to add salsa), all had a flavor (a seasoning perhaps) that was not liked by any of three that ordered the tacos. The fourth item, a pork belly/egg bowl was just blah in a weird sort of way - don't know how else to describe it. Unusual to strike out on all four orders at a SolDel restaurant - would expect better results if there is a next time.

1  Thank W S

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize that your experience did not live up to your expectation and I would be happy to discuss it further with you if you could please email me at caroline.sodel@gmail.com. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

There are SO many restaurants in the area that I would recommend finding one that your money and time would be much better spent. The food is overpriced and not all that great! Don't even get me started on the sewer water that is called a "house margarita" here!

Caroline J, Marketing at Papa Grandes, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations and I would be happy to discuss it further with you if you could please email me at caroline@sodelconcepts.com. Thank you.