“Great Place for Late Lunch or Early Dinner”
Review of Just Hooked

Just Hooked
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Just Hooked is a restaurant with a creative cuisine and an energizing atmosphere in Fenwick Island, DE. Our menu is built on the "farm-ocean-table" concept. We strive to bring you the freshest and most enticing entrees through the help of local farmers and food purveyors in our area. Our restaurant has a full bar with a full wine, liquor, beer, and local craft brew selection, plus a happy hour for you to enjoy. Please stop in and join us for great food and an inviting atmosphere! We'll see you soon!
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Lunch is served until 3:30 PM. We stoped in around 2:30. They have 10 starters on the lunch menu priced from $9 to $15. My husband and I both chose the roasted corn n' jalapeño crab bisque. It was delicious. A cup of bisque was $9. The crab was generous and the bisque was rich with well blended flavors including just a hint of smoke. I didn't taste the jalapeño pepper and I didn't miss it.

There were eleven lunch plates on the menu ranging in price from $11 to $34. I had the pan seared scallops, cheesy grits, roasted corn n' poblano, leeks, braised bacon and bacon broth. I have never had better scallops! Perfectly cooked. The flavors were once again well blended and the portion was generous. The lunch offerings are also on the dinner menu but in larger portions. With our starter and the size of the lunch portions it would have been adequate for our evening meal.

My husband had the jumbo lump crab cake with roasted fingerling potatoes, pearl onions, braised bacon and napa slaw. When I asked him he simply said "it was excellent!"

The service was excellent. Mary, our waitress was very attentive. When I ask if there was any bread to accompany the bisque she told me that do not have bread available at lunch time but would check with the kitchen. She returned with a serving of crostini for two. Perfect with the bisque.

It is a rather large restaurant with high top tables in the bar side And regular seating on the other side. Fresh flowers adorned every table.

The restaurant is not inexpensive but it is worth every penny.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

The food tasted terrible....we had the wings (not really sure they were chicken..) and the breaded oysters. The wings were either really old or were not chicken ....couldn't finish them. service was good.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Dinner at Just Hooked on a Wednesday night...restaurant busy with a pleasant 15 minute wait outside on comfy Adirondack chairs. Restaurant is lovely and food beautifully plated. Unfortunately my Caesar salad was served with unappetizing brown romaine. Unacceptable--someone tossed the salad in the very good Caesar dressing but decided ok to serve old produce. The Cioppino came highly recommended but the fish and shrimp were overcooked and chewy... broth was tasty so possibly an "off" night. Waiter didn't seem concerned by my leftovers. Sadly we won't be back to this attractive venue.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This is one of our go to places at the beach. The past couple of years there have been changes in the host. This year's implementation is the worst. Unaccommodating and rude. Lots of new wait staff give one the feel of a restaurant in flux. The food has always been good with a limited menu. We usually ate here 5-7 times a summer, not this year.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

My family of five dinner at Just Hooked this evening, after reading great reviews on Trip advisor. The reviews weren't wrong, what a great place! The decor is welcoming and warm, making for a comfortable experience. We all loved our meals; soft shell crabs, mussels, scallops, and even chicken tenders. Not to mention the specialty cocktail, watermelon margaritas. And the service was excellent, ask for Tim! We will definitely return.

Been to Just Hooked? Share your experiences!