“Craving a good lobster meal”

Twining's Lobster Shanty
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

My daughter &I visited Twining’s Lobster Shanty while vacationing on Fenwick Island.I wanted to sit out by the water,so I requested the deck seating:It’s not a deck:it’s an addition with no windows&our view was the parking lot:very disappointing:Otherwise,the meal&service were good:My daughter enjoyed her lobster salad platter:very creative flavors.My lobster,with crab imperial was super delicious&the homemade rolls were wonderful!Maybe next time,we’’ll get a bay view!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and mother took me to the Twinings for my birthday dinner.
After being seated, I caught the glimpse of something falling from the ceiling. Turns out, the a/c duct work was dropping condensation on my husband's arm. He shifted to avoid further drops, but if there is water on the floor, maybe the staff should resituate the tables to avoid their guests from being dripped on.
We placed our food order. Within a reasonable amount of time, the food runner brought out meals for my husband and my mom. I gave the runner an appropriate amount of time to return with my meal. That never happened.
After about 12-15 minutes, our waiter happened to walk by and looked at the table and said "there is something missing". I said yes, my dinner is missing.
he dashed to the kitchen and then returned to our table and told me it would be few minutes. It was his fault, he said. He forgot to write my order down.
The meals also came with dinner rolls that also never made it to the table.
He brought us a small boat of French fries. I'm assuming this was supposed to appease us for his mistake.
I had ordered a $30 entrée that was forgotten about and I got French fries to try and appease me.
they never even offered a small discount for their error.
Never again.
P. S. The food was actually good.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to The lobster shanty last night. The 80s music was so loud we had to shout to hear each other. I ordered a glass of wine and when I went to drink it I noticed all kinds of particles adhered to the glass inside and out. When I called over the waitress and showed it to her, she pretended she didn't see anything at first. But when she realized it was inside and out she said would get another one with an attitude, like I was bothering her. We got our meal and the food was ok, but by the time we left both of us had a headache from shouting at each other over the music. We come to OC and fenwick quite a lot and that was the worst experience we ever had at a restaurant there. Never again.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Quahog and Scallop Chowder was really great, with nice amount of seafood, potatoes, corn and buttery, creamy broth. Someone said you can order it on line for delivery, and I would — it was that good. My stuffed flounder on the other hand was pretty bland— both the flounder and the stuffing. The restaurant is on the water so nice views. Don’t sit under ducts or you will get dripped on (the owner needs to fix this).

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Great appetizers, and food. We have been to this restaurant three times in the last 60 days and love it. We have had the Mahi Mahi Tacos, very good, and the Lobster dishes along with Mussels, and Clam appetizers. All of the main courses and appetizers were delicious. The service has been very good with one exception.