“Why Aren't You at Bahama's Crabshack Carryout and Seafood Market in Fenwick, Delaware?”
Review of Bahama's Crabshack

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bahama's Crabshack
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

I spent the weekend in Ocean City, MD from 2-4 June 2017 with my girlfriend's mother and father. We had spent the Day sitting on the beach and site seeing on the "OC Rocket".

My girlfriend and her mother are both Maryland blue crab connoisseurs. They both decided that they wanted to get some Maryland blue crabs and shrimps from "Bahama's Crabshack Carryout and Seafood Market." The establishment was unassuming and parking was at a premium. The staff was extremely courteous and professional. The crabs and shrimps were generously seasoned with Maryland's staple seasoning: Old Bay. The staff even gave us a complementary roll of brown paper for the crabs.

My girlfriend and her mother thought that the crabs were outstanding. They were more than reasonably priced for their sizes, which were jumbo-sized at $65 per dozen. The shrimp were also steamed to perfection. You must visit Bahama's at least once if you plan to visit Ocean City, MD this summer. I have one question for those of you already in Ocean City, MD this weekend: "Why didn't you already post this review on Trip Advisor this weekend?"

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I live in the Fenwick area and lie to try many different places to dine, buy seafood and especially crabs, when in season. Bahama;s Crabshack is basically on the OC / Fenwick line and is quite visible. It's a small place but I gave it a go in the summer of 2016.
They like to give you details about how their crabs are sold by weight, not by physical size. The gentleman, who I figured was an owner or manager gave the spiel in person and to those customers calling on the phone. OK......sounded good to me, so I ordered. I also ordered some corn on the cob........
I live only a few miles down the road, so when I got home everything was still nice and hot. We started cracking the crabs. I can only tell you, when you're eating crabs, they are either making the grade or not. At best, they were okay. I actually had the worst crab of all time. The meat was slimy and I was wondering why???? Was the crab dead when it was steamed? Not sure but didn't finish that one. Average at best. The corn seemed old and the entire experience left me unimpressed. Crabs aren't cheap, not matter where you purchase, The pricing was within the range but the quality ratio for the buck idn't cut it for me. This place is a no go IMHO.