“Duck Ramen”

Tampopo - Ramen Shop
Get food delivered
Ranked #97 of 289 Restaurants in Salmiya
Reviewed 28 June 2020

I am trying the Duck Ramen as my lockdown special main. This main has been recommended by food bloggers. It is confit duck in a miso bone broth with vegetables and spring onions. The packaging for delivery, was very good, you will receive the miso bone broth in a separate container and you will do the mixing at home. The broth was very tasty. The vegetables were well cooked and not too soggy. The whole meal was flavourful with soft and well-cooked noodles. The confit was tender. The Tokyo Mule drink ordered is made of ginger & yuzu garnished with cucumber slice on top, I loved it, it was so refreshing. I had the small size Apple pie for an afternoon snack and it was deliciously sweet, and I think it will taste even better, mixed with sour crème.

Very Good lunch and I will surely order the vegan ramen and the vegan rice bowl in the near future.

SEE photos

Date of visit: June 2020
3  Thank Ghadeer2014
Write a reviewReviews (5)

Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

So I have decided to visit tampopo ramen shop for the first time with my friend to experience all together and what an experience, the food was excellent the chef is timely mannered and arngment of the tiny shop on the corner felt just right, speechless in a way. But if you want to have the best Ramen Experience in Kuwait go to Tampopo... And say that I sent you and ohhhh I almost forgot about there amazingly heavenly Crumpler

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 4 April 2019

I had lunch at Tampopo - Japanese Ramen Shop on Salmiya (near Dar Hamad). I was waiting for the place to start serving lunch, and finally they did start this month. Lunch is served on Thursdays only at 12 pm. Staff are excited and well attentive, they will explain to you the options available while waiting in line outside the shop, to save time and serve you promptly. I was eager to experience the authenticity of the Japanese flavor at Tampopo.

I had Onigiri (Japanese Rice triangle) as an appetizer and Japanese Thali Bento (Duck). The bento is served on Thursdays only. The Onigiri and the Thali were delicious with 100% full flavor. The egg was slightly runny but not eggy!. I had Kombucha for my drink and surely, I had to go for my all-time favorite of match ice cream (vegan) from OH G. By the way, the waiting line for lunch was a short one, however, the waiting time is worth it.

SEE photos.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 20 March 2019 via mobile

Hidden gem in Kuwait.
But be ready to wait... a lot.
The wait is worthy... so don't give up !
You are welcomed by a friendly staff who welcomes you outside and explains you how it works and how much you will be waiting outside. He will then take your order.
Once inside you will pay and... wait.
But don't give up... wait is worth!
We ordered the onigiri: nicely grilled, but the shape is not done by hand but with a mould, so the rice is very compact. The side sauces are good.
The pickles are nothing special.
Ramen is wow! We were recommended the duck, the lady Chef specialy: TOP quality. Noodles are homemade. All is homemade actually, and you can see everything going on in the small location... the kitchen is right in front of you.
All the ingredients are carefully measured to prepare the fantastic broth that accompanies the ramen noodles.
The experience is great... flavours 100%!
Desserts are average and overpriced.
In general: long wait and high prices, yes, but totally worth!

Date of visit: March 2019