“A nice surprise”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Found this place on a fluke as my family and I had never been to Watkins Glen. We did not stay here but we ate here multiple times. It is family run and right near the entrance to Watkins State Park. My daughters - 2, 5 and 10 at the time loved the place. The food was good, service was great and the staff was charming. I hope to get back to Watkins Glen and would really like to stay here.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Quirky bar with excellent bartenders. Craft beer is delicious and made on site. Restaurant has a delicious salad bar for starters and all of the dinners were tasty and portions were large. Staff are professional and friendly. Perfect place to have breakfast or dinner.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Had dinner there tonight prime rib was very blah very boring, lamb kebabs was extremely salty they were overcooked it was supposed to be medium. The salad bar and the seafood chowder were very good. Very disappointed for they price.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Our cousin, a local, took my sister and me to dinner at this charming place on the outskirts of Watkins Glen. The dining room has a rough hewn look with a stone fireplace. We had drinks at the well-stocked bar while waiting for the rest of the family. The salad bar was fresh and had a nice selection of fixings and several different breads. My sister and I had the lamb chops: there were 3 thick chops with a tasty brown sauce on them. Mine were cooked exactly as I requested (rare) as were my sister’s (med. rare). A family favorite seemed to be the London broil and the NY strip my cousin’s wife ordered was huge. I would definitely go back—just be careful of deer crossing in front of you on your way up the hill!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

It was Sunday evening and family showed up. We decided Seneca Lodge for it had been decades since they were there (SC, MI fam). They were not disappointed. Wetting our whistles in the famous racing winner’s bar, we had their home brews. The blonde and amber were perfect. Bar tender talkative and

They sat our table of seven promptly. The food was very timely and tasty. Each relative from afar, said they loved the atmosphere and recounted their memories. When in Watkins Glen, dine at Seneca Lodge where racers dine and you travel some of the original road course to get there.