All reviews infinity pool indian ocean beautiful hotel five star hotel a sea view room overlooking the beach prison island an oasis rooms are spacious seafood walking tour gym sunset luxury zanzibar stonetown heart
Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

After staying in various hotels in Nungwi and Bwejuu - the Park Hyatt is amazing! A Great building with plenty of history while still keeping the hyatt standard of amenities and hotel facilities. Close to many restaurants in town everything here is within walking distance. My only comment is while the building is impressive in and out - the service at the hotel could be improved. One waiter gave us the wrong drink order - another couldn't read the room number to take our bags to. Another gave us different omelettes even though we had ordered two of the same! Not deal breakers though - i'd still stay here again.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Marcela H, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zanzibar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2015

Dear NadaKharusi

Thank you for visiting us at our little gem and for sharing your experience through Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that your stay was an enjoyable experience and that you were able to also enjoy the location and much of what Stone Town has to offer.

We thank you for your kind comments in regards to our hotel and we have made note of your experience with our service. In the spirit of continuously improving our standards, we warmly appreciate your feedback and we continue to work hard to train our associates in respective teams so to offer our guests an exceptional service. We do apologise for any inconveniences caused during your stay and thank you once again for your feedback.

We are enthusiastic and eagerly awaiting for your return to your home away from home and in the meantime, we wish you all the best.

Should you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to myself or any member of our team.

Reviewed 23 July 2015

Excellent service, wonderful building rich with history, but made ultra modern in its conveniences. From our arrival and efforts by the staff to provide us with a room 4 hours before we were due to check in to the accommodation of our request for a late check out, the service was excellent. The food in the various facilities was of a very high standard and all our quirky requests were catered for. If you are looking for a break and want to get a feel for Stonetown, this is the place to do it.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter S

Dear Peter S

Thank you for visiting us at Park Hyatt Zanzibar and we sincerely appreciate that you have shared your experience at our hotel through Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your kind comments about the our hotel, the hospitality of our associates, in particular, your dining experience, were warmly received and I am happy to share your feedback with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you again and once again thank you for your kind comments. In the meantime, we wish you all the best and should you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to myself of any member of our team.

Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

I stayed for two nights with my kids and parents. My kids and I stayed at the Bahari Suite Terrace with the most magnificent view of the Indian Ocean. The terrace was so huge one could spend the whole day here without leaving the suite. Downside of the room is its only a one bedroom so you don't have an option as a family other than the Royal Suite which has 3 separate rooms and extremely expensive. If I was to do it again...would book interconnecting rooms on the new side of the property with a balcony all facing the sea.

My kids & I used most of the facilities swimming, spa and the restaurant was nice however they need to improve on their breakfast menu...introduce more options of fruits like "Serena Resort" next door has a Gr8 breakfast selection. The staff are very attentive and the chef was hands on. He listened and best of accepts constructive feedback and was very accommodating. For instance he opted and prepared Iranian food in a couple of hours which is not on the menu.

For sure definitely worth the trip...as a regular visitor to Zanzibar this facility will be my preferred destination from hereon onwards.

Thank you for making my stay memorable to the beautiful mutinational staff of Park Hyatt Zanzibar.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Marcela H, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zanzibar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2015

Dear Aisha K

We are delighted that you have chosen to stay with us at our recently opened Park Hyatt Zanzibar and appreciate greatly that you are sharing your experience at our little gem through tripadvisor.

I am happy to hear you and your family had an overall pleasant stay with us and you enjoyed the views from your Bahari Terrace Suite. Your kind comments regarding our hotel, in particular, our Dining experience were warmly received and I am delighted to share your feedback to our associates.

We thank you for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you and your family back to your new home in Zanzibar very soon and in the meantime wish you all the best.

Please feel free to reach out to myself or any member of our team if we can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

So far this has been the best hotel i have stayed in stone town, the rooms are just perfect , the staffs are always there to assist, we received a warm welcome aswel , they need to change the check in time , 15:00 hrs is quite late , we arrived at 12pm and were told to wait for 3 hours .
The restaurant is very nice with a good view , but the menu is very limited to choices , more of sea food in the menu, though the managers were ever ready to assist and cook anything we would like to eat. I would definately come back and recommend others to stay here. A big up for the design and architecutre of the hotel, and the furniture and setting of the rooms are just awesome !

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank cyberhunk80
Marcela H, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zanzibar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2015

Dear cyberhunk80

We are delighted that you have chosen to stay with us at our recently opened Park Hyatt Zanzibar and appreciate greatly that you are sharing your experience at our hotel through tripadvisor.

I am happy to hear you and your family had a pleasant stay with us. Your kind comments regarding our hotel’s design, our rooms, and in particular, your Dining experience were warmly received and I am delighted to share your feedback to our associates.

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

My friend stayed at this hotel while we were on a 3-day visit to Zanzibar. I stayed at a different hotel but we had dinner here 1 night. I really wanted to just review the restaurant but they didn't list it separately here on TripAdvisor so the front desk guy told me to go ahead and review anyway. The dinner was delicious and really nicely presented. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and the service was impeccable. The food was also definitely worth the price, which was a little pricey but understandably so. Since I went up to my friend's room when she checked in, I can say that this hotel is really luxurious and beautifully done. The welcome was so nice,even for me, who wasn't a paying guest. Two thumbs up for this hotel!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Kristine B

Dear Kristine B

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. Your kind comments about the hospitality of our associates, in particular, your dining experience, were warmly received and I am happy to share your feedback with our team.

We thank you again for your kind comments and we looking forward to welcoming you again and in the meantime, we wish you all the best.

Should you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to myself of any member of our team.