All reviews microwave and fridge easy access dryer channels bed lobby shopping
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We needed lodging in 1000 Islands on a Saturday in August and didn't know our choices would be $350/night or a basic motel like this one.

Friendly check in - it seems to be run by a family and the young man who checked us in was helpful and friendly. His (father) who checked us out was efficient but less friendly.

The room was very basic, tile floors, enough towels, two reasonably comfortable double beds, a table and two chairs. A good flat screen TV with lots of channels, a fridge and microwave and shelves for clothing. Only one hanger on the coat rack.

The AC worked very well.

Unlike the very expensive hotel we stayed in the previous night in Ottawa, the Royal Inn had coffee in the lobby in the morning. Across the street is the wonderful Longway's Diner, and it's worth staying at the Royal Inn just to be convenient to Longway's. (I have created a review for them, too.)

I would recommend the Royal Inn for convenient, though out of town, location, comfort, good service and unbeatable price.

Room Tip: There are only a few non-smoking rooms. Ask about them.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2016

very clean, bed firm and comfy. could use more/better pillows. priced very reasonable, ac worked good. had microwave and fridge, nice flatscreen tv with very good channel selections. hot water a little slow, but once there, plenty hot and plenty of it. I would definitely recommend and will stay there again if in area. very easy access, not far from I81. arrived early, still got check in right away. Staff said make sure to ask if I needed anything, very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2016

The owners said it was "pet friendly". but they stalked us and left us notes saying our puppies were barking as they banged on walls and slammed doors. Only room that I saw they said they had to inspect before check out (OF COURSE NO DAMAGE) DID NOT RECEIVE NO APOLOGY NO DISCOUNT NO REFUND!!!!
oh and to top it off they have ticks

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2016

We needed a place to stay in the area and like motel style places.
Thought this was a good idea, with the nearby diner and able to get to where we wanted to visit when we were there.

Is a smile so much to ask when you arrive? Well forget that as at this place you will not even get coffee - the coffee machine in reception looks like it was last used circa 1970, probably when this place was built. (is not serving coffee in the morning a sin in America?) No hangers in the rooms, plus the towels were changed but not all replaced.

Giving it a 2 star as we visited 1,000 islands when we were there, so was good for that.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Agreeklover
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Room was OK but there was no soap or shampoo in the bathroom. There was a diner across the road which came in handy..Pretty much bare bones. I was only staying one night so it wasn't terrible. If I had to go again I would probably stay there but I would bring a bar of soap.

Room Tip: Price is OK for what I got.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business