All reviews microwave and fridge easy access dryer channels bed lobby shopping
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Room was OK but there was no soap or shampoo in the bathroom. There was a diner across the road which came in handy..Pretty much bare bones. I was only staying one night so it wasn't terrible. If I had to go again I would probably stay there but I would bring a bar of soap.

Room tip: Price is OK for what I got.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2015

Needed a smoking room in Watertown, NY This is the only place I could find. It is Basic accommodations. Rooms are very small. and it is a ways out of town near a truck stop. It served the purpose. I only stayed there one night. it was inexpensive and was clean. The bed was not very comfortable. Again Basic place to sleep if you can put up with the bed.

Room tip: don't expect a 5 star experience.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2015

This hotel is billed as a "no Frills" inn, as indicated by the rates. We paid $58.70 including tax, because we were simply looking for a place to spend the night - most every other hotel was double, or more. We had two rooms and found them clean, well maintained and efficient for our needs. The Royal is a throwback from the old wayside motels - it was rather nostalgic to have a room key with the old self-addressed key tag/mail-back label; the rooms are not large but still affording a small dining table, fridge and microwave. Travellers must be reminded that this is a "no frills" inn: there are no amenities such as complimentary shampoo, blow dryers or facial tissues; this was a bit of a challenge for my wife and I - we borrowed shampoo from our other travellers and my wife, who has hair nearly to bum, simply turned up the heat and fan on the heater. We would consider staying here again if the need arose.

Room tip: We saw no indication of any room being more advantageous over another; however, we were on the second floor and there is no elevator.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2015

Where to begin? I set everything up via internet thus site unseen. I did however read the past reviews and the score was 3.5 out of a possible 5 so I thought no to bad. We arrived at 9pm and quickly received one key to the room. Odd for a GOOD hotel. Never the less, once in the room I noticed cigarette burns on the sink, less then adequate toilet paper, an extremely cramped room for two people, hair on the pillows, the most uncomfortable bed, rough sheets as well as a very outdated furniture. I had paid in full upon arrival but after 2 hours in the room, we had to leave due to my wife's asthma acting up which was caused by smoke and cleaning product used in the room. I was offered another room however at this point my wife's asthma was in full flight and I couldn't take a change on another room. I was refunded all but $83. Yes, 2 hours cost us $83. Lessoned learned. So Take it from experience, buyer beware. I would NOT recommend even one night here even if it was free. I would have expected maybe a $12 room charge. My advise, spend $20 more and you will get what you expect but if you want disappointment, stay at the Royal Inn.

Room tip: Book at a brand name hotel....Not here...Stay clear.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

Hair in the shower, little things on the floor like it hadn't been vacuumed, and not great bed sheets. But it was cheap and located less than a mile from where I needed to be for work. The TV was great. And a fridge and microwave in the room. Next time I'll pay a little more for a cleaner hotel.

Date of stay: August 2015