All reviews marriott chain front desk small pool waffles free breakfast bacon a great stay would definitely stay here again the breakfast area lots of restaurants staff was very friendly king room comfortable beds salmon run mall short drive clean hotel lobby
Reviewed 15 June 2016

Have used this hotel for many vacations but needed to write and express how really wonderful they are. Arrived at 2:30am to a cheerful, attentive reception desk(Sandra)- Yes, that was a first..And when checking out, found we had left our lights on..UGH!! The maintenance man immediately stepped up to help us as we had a memorial to attend.. AMAZING, THOUGHTFUL STAFF!! Well done and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! The hotel is CLEAN, Employees Kind, Great Breakfast, THOUGHTFUL & HELPFUL STAFF. Did I say clean & comfortable?? YES! Get the picture yet?? Absolutely have our loyalty- Bless each of you during our difficult time. This facility is EXCELLENT.

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed 15 June 2016

This is a letter that I wrote to the General Manager:

Hi Andrea,

My family and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Watertown, NY this past weekend--unfortunately, the reason for our visit was to gather for my brother's funeral.

I want to tell you about your team's exceptional service--something that made us all feel comfortable and at 'home', despite the horrible circumstances. From the moment we walked in, people were friendly and helpful. Each member of the staff went above and beyond to help make the breakfast room our own 'space' for family gatherings.

There was one man that worked the desk in the late evenings (I believe he said his name was "Juan") who was so thoughtful to my seven-year-old niece. He brought her printed out coloring pages, snacks, and supplied tape/scissors while we did arts and crafts. It may seem small, but when you're trying to distract a little girl after she's lost her father, every little bit helps. "Juan" was welcoming without being invasive.

During such a miserable weekend, your staff and the clean/inviting accommodations enabled my family and friends to focus on being together vs. dealing with hotel logistics and gathering-locations.

I plan to share this review on TripAdvisor but also want you to hear my thoughts directly.

Thank you.

Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank Maggie A
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Finally Marriott has a hotel in the Watertown area! This one represents a high standard. It was very clean and they had just shampooed the carpets. Great breakfast, just very popular and tough to find a seat (go early). They opened up another couple of rooms for seating. Rooms are large, the free wifi is almost worthless, they want you to purchase their better band width. The cooling system would not gone on fan mode to give a bit of white noise and keep the air moving, so it would get hot, kick on, cool down rapidly and shut off again. Our rooms were not ready at 2:00 PM on a Saturday, so we had to come back later. No hot tub and small pool, but a good work out room. I did not like the pillows but probably a personal preference, but it was a good stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2016

We stayed here for one night. The room is nice, clean and spacious. We had 2 queen beds and a sitting area with 2 chairs and couple of tables. There is a "quick chill" fridge and microwave, which are an added bonus! The only complaint I have was the ready-made bacon and eggs for breakfast. Very yucky! But there were plenty of other options so we didn't go hungry. And when the dining area was full, they opened some board rooms to accommodate the overflow. This is a wonderful place to stay when visiting Waterown!

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our one night getaway with the kids. The room was very clean and well laid out. I have a pet peeves: The building is obviously entirely built with wood... We were on the 2nd floor and the people upstairs had children. They we're making a racket. You won't have this issue at Holiday Inn Express or Hilton Garden Inn. Those places nearby are built entirely of concrete. I'm not the type to call front desk unless it's absolutely needed. We had our white noise on our phones to drown out the banging floor upstairs. My kids never noticed. Not a huge biggie, but would be for some people. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. Kids enjoyed the pool (small, but kids didn't notice). The morning breakfast was great.

Trip type: Travelled with family