“Good food and great service”
Review of L'Indochine

L'Indochine
Description: L'indochine - fine dining signature cuisine with asian - indian ocean rim influence & european flair
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel and tried the restaurant once.

The service team is very good and very friendly.

The wine selection is not too bad with a good selection of wines from all main wine regions of the world.

The food is mix of European and Asian flavors with good steaks and fish. We liked everything we ordered.

The setting is nice and shielded from the normal hotel setting. It is a bit pricey, but still worth it.

We would come back next time we are on Mahé.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

What a beautiful restaurant and location. All the staff were polite, friendly and courteous. We had the duck and mushroom risotto followed by the chocolate sphere. All the dishes were well presented and tasted delicious. We will certainly be back during our stay at the Kempinski. High praise to the chef and his great team.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant advertises its policy to provide luxury hospitality with impeccable service! We did not experience any of this.
I dined with my son and husband (3 adults) on a recommendation f We will not return. We booked and drove 45 minutes from Eden Island to the restaurant. We had pre dinner cocktails in the Plantation Bar. Drink service good however the music was very loud and did not allow conversation at 6.30pm
We informed the staff we were booked in to restaurant.there was no mention of dress code by staff.
Our party entred the restaurant and we were denied entry in a very rude and definately unprofessional hospitality manner due to my husband wearing a collared shirt, loafers and white knee length shorts. This a resort on an island! Our party were dressed smartly and i have never been so rudly treated as an accompanying guest. There was no offer to facilitate us into the restaurant! Just no entry. Smart casual is the dress code till you get to sitdown and read the dress code on the menu. To late then. I have travelled the world eaten in The Best Michelin star restaurants and never been so poorly disrespected. To give the ladies an idea I was wearing a Camilla gown. We are not beach bums! My son said lets go to gift shop and buy pants which we did. (Not any suggestion from staff) Cotton beach pants are apparently accepted over Italian brands. We then presented to restaurant again and we were seated on the terrace. We ordered with no explination of the menu from wait staff both food and wine.
Things did not improve. Tuna tartare was bland and lacked flavour and presentation. I ordered scollops with truffle oil. Tough overcooked and lukewarm. Our main course were rack of Lamb ordered medium rare served welldone. Tough and dry. My son struggled to remove meat from the bone. I ordered Duck Seychelles style medium rare served welldone dry and tough. Both meals were luke warm to cold! My husband had Seychelles fish again lukewarm but the fish was taste. My son asked for cracked pepper (not offered) and so did I. The waiter used peppermill for my son then did not offer to me as requested. My son went to wait station and got peppermill for me. As you can imagine there was to be no tipping on this Very Unprofessional overrated restaurant experience. We payed the Bill. Over $500 US dollars. As we left the restaurant no one showed us out or farewelled us. I believe my son should receive a call from the food and beverage manager. You would have his number with the booking as he lives in Seychelles and was going to book private dinning room . Not now. Word of mouth in the hospitality industry is your best advertising.
To sum up. Dont waste your money or time and spend elsewear in the beautiful Seychelles

1  Thank Karina H
Kempinski S, Manager at L'Indochine, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Karina H,

Thank you so much for sharing this very honest review. It is only with the honest feedback from our guests that we are able to improve our service, and I really appreciate you taking the time to share such a detailed account of your visit.

We have tried to reach out to your son through the phone number that was provided upon making the booking, but have been unable to reach him. We do hope that we can get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.

We can only apologise that you were not better informed of the dress code at our fine-dining restaurant, L'Indochine. At this elegant venue we do ask guests to dress a little more smartly and, in particular, ask men to wear long trousers. We will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team to see how we can communicate this more clearly to guests during the reservation process. Kindly note that our dress code policy is available at our website.

We were sorry for your disappointing dining experience. It is a great pity that you should have travelled to visit our restaurant and felt that the experience did not live up to your expectations. We receive many comments about the friendliness and efficiency of our service and kitchen staff, and I am sorry to hear that this was not your experience. The training and retraining of our staff is an ongoing process and, based on your feedback, we will certainly investigate how we can improve our service and the quality of our food to bring them in line with our guests’ five-star expectations.

Please be assured that we take your feedback very seriously and we hope that, if ever you and your family return to our restaurant, you will find that these issues have been addressed and rectified.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

The food was not as good as expected and as it reads on the menu. More style over substance and pricey.

1  Thank Leylahni

Dear Leylhani,

Thank you for this review of our restaurant. I am sorry to hear that the cuisine did not live up to your expectations. As we welcome guests from all over the world to our hotel, we always try our best to anticipate and accommodate each guest's demands and preferences. We encourage guests to share their feedback with our chefs, as sometimes they can prepare something unique to suit our guests' individual tastes. That said, we will certainly share your comments with our kitchen and hope that, should you ever return to our hotel, you will find this has been addressed and rectified.

We do hope that one day we can welcome you back to L’Indochine.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We spent three nights at the Kempinski, and on our last night we ate at this restaurant. The meal we had has to be one of the best meals we have ever had. The food was first class, as was the service. A special mention to the staff - Johir, Elias, Suvam and Franca,and of course the chef Abu El-Foul, for making this a special anniversary night.

1  Thank John F

Dear John F,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your wedding anniversary at our restaurant. Due to the nature of the destination, we often get to share remarkable moments with our guests (be it a birthday, wedding, proposal, anniversary or honeymoon) and we always feel very honoured to be a part of these special moments in our guests’ lives.

Thank you for taking the time to mention how much you enjoyed our food, and the friendly service from our dedicated team members. Please be assured that I will pass your comments onto the rest of the team.

I do hope that one day we can welcome you back to L’Indochine.