2,328 results
All reviews st geran our honeymoon all inclusive package tropical tours privilege room beach bar local children infinity pool main restaurant the hotel manager room boy jungle juice grand baie seven colours catamaran trip superior room plenty of sunbeds
Reviewed 15 May 2015

If I am not wrong Paul & Virginie was the story of love which started from childhood friendship, so is this hotel “Veranda Paul & Virginie”. The day I had started planning my trip I was regularly following the reviews about this place on trip advisor thinking that hotel is right place or not. There were some really good reviews, some bad and some were mixed which were regularly making me confused.
Before deciding the hotel I had few criteria in my mind about the hotel those were: Beach Hotel, Peaceful Location & provide veg food. Since food alone was not much of our priority I chose this hotel.
The day arrived when the much awaited holiday had started. While travelling all the way from airport to different villages of Mauritius for about an hour I kept thinking where the hotel is and how it would be. Then finally we were dropped to the hotel. If you see the outside view it looks like a small hotel but with beautiful view from the entrance. We were welcomed at the entrance by Vanisha and then waited few minutes for some formalities by the time room was prepared. We wanted a room on ground floor so we asked if they could change it and they did it which is admirable.
From the entrance as we pass by we have the reception where we were given Wi-Fi passwords then there is a shop for souvenirs, then it’s the bar area, one crosses the small pool and the lovely sea view outside.
We were offered the room in the block 3; it was a spacious room with dressing room and spacious bathroom. The room had beautiful view outside as u could see the sea, lovely ambience with dim lights inside just perfect for honeymoon. There was a wardrobe, small fridge, hair dryer what else you need. Outside the room there were chairs and a table where you can sit and enjoy the view. Every day the room was properly cleaned and the service was superb.
The Hotel has 2 restaurants one on the beach with the bar under the small hut and different varieties of food, the other where we were offered our breakfast and dinner on half board with multiple tables facing the sea. Now, when it comes to food we are completely pure veggie, the first day when we visited the restaurant could not see anything we could eat during our dinner. So we started with some bread butter and salads and asked chef and manager if there was something for us. I was a bit disappointed but it turned out amazing. In sometime Avinash the food manager came to us and asked if we would like to eat Pizza. Wow, it simply brought a smile. We were served thin crust veg pizza which was yummy and extra effort by the team.
From the next day we were regularly offered different varieties of Indian food which was just a great step by the Restaurant team. I really want to appreciate the team behind. Avinash, Sanjeev, the chef’s and the support staff. Also the Masala Chai on the last day was a great step which we liked. Majorly the breakfast and dinner are buffet style but one can always request advance for some different dishes and I must say team never says no and is always at your service which is commendable.
There are 2 pools one near the restaurant which is deep but small we tried on our last day but people don’t prefer using this may be because it is near the restaurant. There are many sunbeds near the pool and on the beach which is again not a problem, so don’t worry about that. One can always relax on the poolside or in the garden area.
The hotel had a great Wi-Fi connectivity we never felt the requirement of a local sim to talk to our families here in India because the internet worked so well in the room, beach restaurant everywhere.
The last day’s water sports were also an amazing experience the beach sports team is there every time to support on your water sports. The different sports offered are Pedal boat, glass bottom boat, snorkeling, kayaking and many other.
The hotel has a spa to which we did not get a chance to use because of time constraints but heard from people it is also very good. Also the nightly entertainment it’s just wonderful. I want to appreciate one person here Julien he is a rockstar. We interacted with him many a times and talking to him makes you laugh, perfect entertainer.
I know it’s become a bit long with the review but the Hotel is a class in itself. I truly recommend Veranda Paul because I had felt that warmth and effort made by every person present in the staff there to make your stay a relaxing and comfortable one and the trip a memorable one.
I have returned from the 7 days holiday but I still miss the place and the yummy food. One must surely visit this Hotel and in future if I get a chance I would plan too.

Thank you team... :)

Room tip: Rooms on the Ground floor in the blocks 1,2,3 are close to the pool and beach and have good wifi connectivity
2  Thank Eshishah
JenniferWong-VPV, Manager at Veranda Paul et Virginie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2015

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you ever so much for this extensive and fair review of your honeymoon experience at Veranda Paul & Virginie!

Congratulations once again!

Your review is uplifting…! There is always room for improvement, and your rating gives us reason to always give the best of ourselves.

Our people are our biggest asset, and they are empowered within the framework of their parameters to go the extra mile for you.

Thank you and all the very best for a new beginning with your spouse…!

See you soon for your wedding anniversary!

Best

Reviewed 12 May 2015

Veranda Paul et Virginie in Grand Gaube, North Mauritius is perfect if you are looking for a relaxing holiday escape. It is a bit further from away from some of the bigger tourist areas like Grand Baie, which personally I think adds to its charm and appeal.

Even though the hotel is relatively small compared to some of the other resorts, it has everything you need including a bar with a stunning sea view and two restaurants serving a wide variety of really delicious food - their fish is incredible, although they cater for pretty much every appetite too.

The staff at the hotel are excellent - they work long days as they are there when you have breakfast and the same person is there when you go to bed but they always have a smile on their face and are willing to talk to you. They do a fantastic job of making you feel welcome, especially J Francois, Ari, Dany and Wendy who were exceptional.

There are pedaloes and kayaks to hire as well as a glass bottom boat that takes you out snorkelling on the reef. We would definitely recommend the bike tour of the local village and the walk around Grand Gaube with Dany, who was brilliant and even showed us where the local giant tortoises live whilst on the route.

Outside of the hotel, it is easy to get around. There are taxi drivers based at the hotel who will take you anywhere you want to go on the island. We would definitely recommend Rajen who took us to Tamarin at 5.30am and stayed with us to ensure we got on our boat tour and was ready waiting to take us back to the hotel again afterwards. We also got the bus to Grand Baie from just outside the hotel which was easy and so cheap.

Overall a lovely hotel with exceptional staff and service, situated in a beautiful location with plenty to do if you want to get out and about and see more of Mauritius. I loved it there and would happily go back again!

3  Thank DC_May
JenniferWong-VPV, Manager at Veranda Paul et Virginie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2015

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely review!

We are sincerely pleased that you enjoyed this part of Mauritius, and that you had a perfect stay at Veranda Paul & Virginie!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

With my warmest regards

Reviewed 12 May 2015 via mobile

I have just met Jennifer the hotel manageress as a person who owns her own business and knows the value of the poison chalis of trip advisor and Facebook. This hotel the staff and the management are lovley and they should never compromise the personal touch.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank elizabeth t

Dear Valued Guest Elisabeth

Veranda Paul & Virginie thanks you immensely for your post and rating!

We will continue to work hard so as to live up to your expectations as guests. However, I wish to add, more than just this, we would hope that during the interaction - between guests and ourselves, something more profound would have happened – the understanding, the discoveries and the appreciation of individuals, cultures and countries...

Looking forward to see you later, since you will be here for one more week

Warmest personal regards

P.S Hi! Hi! In case the boss is reading - Sorry, it must be a misunderstanding - no, I do not have any business of my own, else I would not have been working for Veranda Paul & Virginie...

Reviewed 6 May 2015

We stayed at Veranda Paul & Virginie Hotel & Spa weeks in April to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
Not being the biggest of hotels, it really appealed to us as we wanted the personal touch. We were not disappointed. The rooms comprise of a good sized bed with air conditioning, ceiling fan, TV, fridge and sea views.
Bathrooms are spacious and also house your wardrobe and safe.
Our second block first floor room gave us views across the sea and the pool.
The pool and beach are not massive but you won't have to fight for sun beds either. There really isn't anyone getting up at 6am reserving sun beds. We found you could get a sun bed around the pool throughout the day with no hassle.
If you are sat on the beach in the daytime you will get offered a picnic at your lounger, just to save you a walk to the restaurant. Along with this, if you are off out for the day the hotel are happy to provide a lunch box for you to take on your trip.
While on the beach I would recommend that you wear reef shoes as there are some sharp bits of rock or coral in the water. Also they come in handy if you use the pedalos.
There is a second pool situated between the restaurant and the bar. During our time there we rarely saw this one being used as it was over looked by diners or people in the bar. However, we did see lots of people take a quick dip for a photo as its a beautiful view!
Restaurant is situated just off the foyer which is the main buffet serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Again getting a table with a view is possible at all times, so no need to rush.
The majority of the time it is buffet style service but occasionally we were treated to table d'hote (being served) which as you can imagine is lovely after a hard day lying by the pool!
The a la carte restaurant is at the beach but does not form part of the all inclusive package, although you do get a discount.
Bars, again there are 2. One at the beach and the main one in the foyer. Drinks served from 11 to 11. Drinks can be somewhat hit or miss in the evening. There aren't a lot of staff on so can miss you if you just sit down without ordering first.
The spa facilities are good and we both treated ourselves on the first day to kick start the relaxation process. Our couples treatment set the mood for our remaining holiday. The girls were fantastic and if you get an invite in your room to visit them, it won't take long and they treat you to a little head massage just for stopping by.
There is a small gift shop on site which also sell a few essentials.
There are internet facilities inside the lobby or wifi passwords are available from reception upon request.
The boathouse offers pedalos, windsurfing, and a glass bottom boat within the package along with other activities throughout the day.
Restaurant food was not a conveyor belt of the normal holiday canteen food. If you are looking for endless chips and pizza then don't think you'll be getting it here. What you will get is local, tasty, freshly cooked food that someone has prepared for you. I can honestly say that the food was fantastic every time, and was never repetitive.
All the staff are there to help you throughout the day and to make your stay with them as memorable as possible. Each, I am sure would do anything possible, even if it was more than their job description entailed.
After saying that, 2 members stand out from the crowd. The first, Wendy, knows her stuff. She's there for you when you need a little extra. Second is Man. You'll find Man in the restaurant and again you could never wish to meet a more caring person. What he offers to the guests is a credit to the hotel. The restaurant never felt the same when he wasn't there. These 2 really deserve all the recognition that they get.

Room tip: All Rooms have good views. Blocks 1 & 2 overlook the pool and you can still get wifi.
Date of stay: April 2015
5  Thank bh988
JenniferWong-VPV, Manager at Veranda Paul et Virginie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2015

Dear Valued Guest

The whole of Veranda Paul & Virginie thanks you most sincerely for your positive review and rating!

May I just say how uplifting it was for us to read such encouraging comments! (Each morning a copy of TripAdvisor review is sent to all heads of departments to be shared with each of their respective teams ).

Whilst quality service is fundamental to our industry, the human aspect is as important; job enrichment happens with the interaction that we have with you, and it not only makes our job much more worthwhile, but this exchange, I believe, contributes to make the place very special, as you stated yourself... It is also interesting to see that each one has his/ her own favourites as regards our people.

Thank you for having given us the opportunity to be ourselves, and to be at your service.

Wishing you well, and hoping to see you some time in the near future!

With my kindest regards

Reviewed 4 May 2015

Went out on 10th April, hotel was perfect for us. Not too big, I am a very fussy eater but always found something I could eat there. Yes lots of fish and curries, but staff always willing to find an alternative if you ask. Lovely a la carte restaurant on a pier. Staff always happy. Man, Wendy and omie were great. Two full days out on trips, booked via a ittle shop round the corner. Wasn't keen that the sand on the beach turned to mud once walking in the sea. Good job I took beach shoes. Glass bottom boat trip was great, lovely guy on beach called bosco, got some great gifts from him. Room was just right well looked after, clean sheets and towels every day. Beach service for cool boxes and lunch meant you could stay on beach until time for pancakes and a cheeky cocktail of the day. All in all a wonderful time had by us.

Room tip: Rooms closer to reception had more reliable WiFi.
Date of stay: April 2015
3  Thank Vanessa55414
JenniferWong-VPV, Manager at Veranda Paul et Virginie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2015

Dear Valued Guest

May we sincerely thank you for your kind, positive post and rating, further to your "truly great" visit at Veranda Paul & Virginie!

It was a pleasure having you with us, and we are, sincerely delighted that you enjoyed wonderful moments here.

We can but be motivated to go beyond and above your expectations for your complete satisfaction.

Wishing you well, and looking forward to seeing you soon at Veranda Paul & Virginie!

With my best of regards