We went for a family holiday in the second week of Oct 2011. I had a lot of expectation from Mauritius as I have been there 10 years back & I had a blast then & that’s the reason I decided to go back for a holiday with my family but this time I was disappointed. In these past years Mauritius has got very expensive & the quality of the hotels compared to other beach location in Asia is poor when it comes to price, food & service.
What I felt about Intercontinental Mauritius
1) Rooms – Well decorated but poorly maintained. If you have the option ask for rooms near the receptions so that you don’t have to walk a lot to reach coffee shop, bar or restaurant’s as some of the wings are far from reception & if you are with kids & infants it’s better to stay in wings next to reception.
2) Food – If you are an Indian avoid Vedas (Indian Restaurant in Intercontinental) it’s not worth it. I didn’t like the Mediterranean restaurant either so we had all our meals at the coffee shop where they serve breakfast, buffet lunch & dinner with is better as compare to others.
3) Bar – The bar near the pool has very poor service. I had to request 4 times & had to wait for an hour & a half to get a drink.
4) Kids Play Room – We visited the Kids Play Room only once & found the attendant in the Kids Pay Room very rude.
5) Beach Towel Policy – When you check in you are given one towel card per person with the hotel keys & when you give this towel card to an attendant on the hotel beach they give you a fresh towel & when you return the same you have to take a card back & if you lose this card you are charges Rs. 1000 (Mauritian Rupees) which I found stupid.
6) Free Water Sports Activities Given By Hotel – Book them in advance or soon as you check in as they are mostly over booked.
7) Room TV Reception - Though we hardly saw TV but when ever we did the reception was very poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava