“What's not to love?”

The Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Balaclava
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I had a little business here and decided to make a boondoggle out of it. So, the Westin it was. I enjoyed their AMAZING breakfasts (true bliss after the bland continental breakfasts I was repeatedly offered on the African continent), avec glorious songbirds and swaying winds. Buffet style so I only had to wait for my morning cappuccino, which wasn't. along wait, and good grief, consistently worth it, even had it been!! Big time DEE-LISH!
The Spa was top notch and I had several massages there. I looked in on the gym and it was handsome and inviting but I wasn't THAT motivated! The beach was private (read:small) but small counts. The infinity pool was a honey and mine all to possess.
I had hoped to go out on the glass bottom boat which was offered every morning (only) though cloudy skies or windy conditions nullified the possibility. The dive master very kindly allowed me to use his equipment to snorkel. I went out alone (as I was solo) and did the huge "no-no": I snorkeled without a buddy. Though I was still quite close to shore, I was exceptionally alarmed to see a spotted golden moray eel (no clue what his official name was!) come out from under a not very large rock. The eel had to be 15 feet long (and no, I am not one of those who talks about "walking uphill in the snow to school" - so I am NOT exaggerating!!!).
Anyway, I am back in Mauritius now on business and wishing that I was staying at the Westin again, not in a corporate apartment. Hotel life is so sweet. The staff was terrific, my room was soundproof, the landscaping was lush. I long for that setting yet again!

Room Tip: Apparently, being over by the spa is quieter than being close to the infinity pool
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jill H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

So we were friends venturing out on our first vacation with all of our 1-2 year olds.
Didn’t know what to expect....And boy did we have the time of our lives!
A beautiful resort with the open sea right at the doorstep of your villa...Our mornings began with dipping our feet in the Indian Ocean, then an unforgettable b’fast with a lavish spread.
The staff was very warm and hospitable. Ravi from the front desk made every effort to accommodate our needs, that made our holiday special!
The kids club is fantastic with super staff..our 1.8 year old didn’t want to leave it ... his food was custom arranged for by the hotel on request at no extra charge..

And our daily evening game of Volleyball was the icing on the cake.. the hotel organised it each day, and we had the most awesome time, with some staff and fellow hotel guests making up the teams.

So much more to say about this place.. but out of time......

This is a must stay resort for anyone planning to visit Mauritius!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank KunalSupnekar
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently spent a lovely vacation here. The service was outstanding. We were upgraded which certainly added to the experience but even beforehand, every effort was made to make us comfortable. We enjoyed the "adults only" infinity pool.

The "Kangan" Indian restaurant was outstanding.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BradMcClain
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Cant say enough about this beautiful resort. It’s breathtaking. We stayed in the beach touch villas and got up each morning looking into infinite splendour of the ocean. But what made our trip the most memorable was the service. Such friendly and hospitable staff across the resort is rare to see. Special thanks to Ravi@ front office who went out of his way to ensure all our requests we honoured. The breakfast spread was great! And they have many activities to keep u throughly entertained. They organised volleyball for us everyday where we were joined by other guests and staff alike.. they have their own kayaks and peddle boats incase u wanna venture out into the ocean ( no charge for any of the activities btw!). Extremely kids friendly resort and our tiny torts had a blast too. Kudos to such a fantastic team.

Cant tick off Mauritius from our bucket list as that would be not returning to this resort again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank ajay a
Reviewed 24 October 2017

This is a very nice and comfortable facility set in a beautiful bay. The rooms are large and luxurious. Ours was a ground floor room with patio onto a lawn which fell away to the palm tree lined beach. We ate in all of the available restaurants and while the food was excellent in some the service was very slow. None of us like to rush meals but there is a point at which tardiness becomes a bit wearing. We found the choices at the buffet restaurant catered for all tastes and nationalities and was very good. We did not enjoy the benefit of an all-inclusive package and with hindsight we would recommend this when choosing this venue as the prices of beverages and wines are very steep. The concierge facility and front desk staff are extremely helpful but do be prepared to seek a better rate for the taxi services and car hire.

Room Tip: Ground floor with patio.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balaclava
0.5 km away
Le Meridien Ile Maurice
#5 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
1.6 km away
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Sp...
#2 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments

Been to The Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius? Share your experiences!