I had a little business here and decided to make a boondoggle out of it. So, the Westin it was. I enjoyed their AMAZING breakfasts (true bliss after the bland continental breakfasts I was repeatedly offered on the African continent), avec glorious songbirds and swaying winds. Buffet style so I only had to wait for my morning cappuccino, which wasn't. along wait, and good grief, consistently worth it, even had it been!! Big time DEE-LISH!
The Spa was top notch and I had several massages there. I looked in on the gym and it was handsome and inviting but I wasn't THAT motivated! The beach was private (read:small) but small counts. The infinity pool was a honey and mine all to possess.
I had hoped to go out on the glass bottom boat which was offered every morning (only) though cloudy skies or windy conditions nullified the possibility. The dive master very kindly allowed me to use his equipment to snorkel. I went out alone (as I was solo) and did the huge "no-no": I snorkeled without a buddy. Though I was still quite close to shore, I was exceptionally alarmed to see a spotted golden moray eel (no clue what his official name was!) come out from under a not very large rock. The eel had to be 15 feet long (and no, I am not one of those who talks about "walking uphill in the snow to school" - so I am NOT exaggerating!!!).
Anyway, I am back in Mauritius now on business and wishing that I was staying at the Westin again, not in a corporate apartment. Hotel life is so sweet. The staff was terrific, my room was soundproof, the landscaping was lush. I long for that setting yet again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embraced by the gently swaying sugar cane fields and the warm turquoise water of the Indian Ocean, The Westin Mauritius Turtle Bay Resort & Spa invites you to experience the magic of Mauritian hospitality in a truly luxurious setting. The resort boasts 190 guest rooms and suites, all of them offering stunning views over the ocean, a kids club, luxury Mandara spa and a fine selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Mauritian Hotel Balaclava
- The Grand Mauritian Resort And Spa
- The Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius Balaclava