“Nice hotel, disappointing details”

Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Waterloo
Ottawa, Ontario
“Nice hotel, disappointing details”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Four of us stayed at this hotel. We were there for black Friday at the outlets. On Thursday, upon our arrival, we found out that the Thanksgiving dinner was only being served until 3 pm. We just made it. Also, we were advised that the shuttle to and from the outlets no longer ran the entire day on Friday. It only ran from 10 pm Thurday night to 10 am Friday morning. The staff seemed a little impatient with people asking questions about the changes from last year. There seemed to be missing those nice touches we had in the previous years. We were disappointed. The hotel itself is very clean and very nice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
holidayWaterloo, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Thank you for your comments and I am glad that you chose to return to us for your black Friday shopping! I appreciate your comment regarding the Thanskgiving dinner times and I will pass that on to the rest of management. It is a good thought to keep it open later due to people that will be checking in a bit later, so thank you! The situation with the shuttle this year was different from the past and it is unfortunate. Typically the outlet mall provides a shuttle to and from the mall and they didnt do that from our location this year so in order to accomodate our guests we purchased our own, but had to have limited hours. I am sure that it was much different than what you were used to. We appreciate you as a return guests and I do hope that you visit us again next year. We hope to have an even better shuttle service for all of our dedicated Black Friday shoppers!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
NY
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I came out to the Finger Lakes for work and my coworkers and I checked in on a Monday afternoon prepared to stay until Wednesday.

My room was fine and I had no problems with anything, however one of my coworkers had trouble with his room. There was a horrible rain storm the first night we were there and the next morning he mentioned having two large "bubbles" in his ceiling. While we were eating lunch at our work site, he got a call from the hotel that the ceiling collapsed in his room and the hotel staff wanted to know if they could collect his belongings and move him to a new room. He agreed and when we returned he had to wait to find out which room he had been assigned to. All in all it worked out fine.

The food in the resteraunt was not very good. The vegetables were cold, the meat was greasy, and the Buffalo wings expensive and tasteless. If we return we will not be eating there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
holidayWaterloo, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Greetings! Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. I do apologize that the original room had a problem with the ceiling leaking, I am very glad to hear that we were able to get your companion moved and into a room with no issues! Thank you for sharing that. It is unfortunate that your meal in our restaurant was less than desirable. Our restaurant is currently a work in progress with many new and exciting changes coming soon, including a brand new menu! Hopefully on your next stay you may give us another chance to show you what we can offer. I have passed on your comments to the appropriate department heads as we are always looking for ways to better our service. Thank you again and we hope to have you back in the near future.
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We spent two nights in a row at two different Holiday Inns while driving from Ontario to Nova Scotia through the U.S. Our experiences were at the opposite ends of the spectrum for the two hotels. Unfortunately, this hotel was at the low end. I just did not feel comfortable about this place in terms of cleanliness. The room we were in was very run down, dark and dingy. The bed was very uncomfortable. The restaurant food was deplorable and the one server working there was run off her feet while it didn’t seem to occur to the host to help her out.
I was happy to leave this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in their work and I will certainly let them know that you did not think that the cleanliness of your room was up to standards. I have also passed on your comments to our restaurant staff and we will continue to work toward better service in that area. we appreciate all feedback and thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay.
ottawa
Reviewed 16 October 2011

My sister and I stayed here because of its proximity to the Waterloo Premium Outlet Mall. We were told at check-in that we had been assigned a smoking room despite specifying non-smoking when we made our reservation. We checked in late, and non-smoking was not available when we arrived. Not a great way to begin a stay.

The lobby is reasonable, and the room itself wasn't too bad (although I could write my name in the dust on the dresser behind the TV), but the hallways were smelly, dark and dreary. The property is run-down, although some attempts at cosmetic changes have been made. We found the beds in need of replacement (saggy). Our tub did not drain properly. The location of the hotel is bleak and isolated.

On the plus side, we had a good breakfast at the restaurant at a reasonable price. Also, I used the gym and it was reasonable.

I would not stay here again, as this property does not offer the type of comfort that I associate with a getaway shopping/hotel weekend splurge (despite the splurge price). If we were to visit the outlet mall again, we would probably stay in nearby Rochester instead.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
WSNFY, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay as much as you could have, and that the room type you had requested was not available. It is a difficult situation due to when reservations are made online through the Holiday Inn central reservation system, specific room types can not be guarenteed. We appreciate your feedback and I will pass on your comments to the appropriate departments. Hopefully if you are returning to the outlet mall you may consider staying with us again. I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast! Thank you and happy travels!
Mineral Point, WI
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I found the rooms to be a nice size and very clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. The bed was comfortable with nice linens. Nice selection of channels on the TV and wireless internet worked great. I would certainly stay here again when in the area and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterloo
0.5 km away
14.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
14.2 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes

Been to Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls? Share your experiences!