“Good Chinese Food Options at a Good Price”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chen Young Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Description: 845-297-5434http://www.hvtakeout.com/wappingersfalls/chenyoung/chenyoungpage.htm
Reviewed 7 December 2016

We have been using Chen Young for years, whenever we develop a yen for Chinese food. Their combination dinners provide more food than most can eat, at very reasonable prices(most options are UNDER $10)
The owner & staff are friendly. We do a lot of take out, and the order is always ready when they say it will be. Good fried rice, sweet & sour chicken, orange beef, beef & broccoli, crab rangoons. Soups are hearty also. We haven't tried their eat-in buffet yet, but I look it over whenever I'm up there. If you're a big eater, there's a lot of variety, and it looks delicious.

1  Thank Ed H

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Paying up front in a buffet style restaurant that has a back door for customer exit is not asking too much but asking “How much are you paying for a tip” is too much. We have never been in a restaurant that asks to tip before you sit down at a table until here.

Maybe that wouldn’t still be too much but the only function of the waiters is “bus boy” service, taking away used dishes, and bringing you a glass of water. There were empty trays that stayed empty even when we asked for fresh vegetables. The amount of food offered was small and looked like it was there for hours. This was a second visit in about a year and it was the last.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I'm sorry to say the family did not enjoy this buffet. We paid for dinner and many items were not being replenished. What was there was cold. Two positives however, are the salt and pepper shrimp and the ice cream. Those were very good, but, it doesn't make up for the rest. Next time we will head over to Newburgh.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

I remember when Chen Young was in a small luncheonette in the same plaza years ago. We've wartched as it transformed from a dive with great food, to a more upscale restaurant to a buffet.

The kids and I went for a late lunch. The prices were reasonable for a buffet. We did sample a bite of everything. The food was flavorful and kept hot and fresh. There wasn't any particular "WOW" dish but it was all seasoned for the American palate, meaning the element of sweet is well represented. Sweet is not my particular favorite but there were plenty of savory items available also. I would not go here expecting authentic Chinese or Asian food (for that head down to Dumplings in the Party City Plaza) but it is of good quality. My daughter enjoyed the variety of Sushi available.

The restaurant itself was clean and not filled with blaring televisions, like another Chinese buffet in the area. The rugs look a little worn but buffets do get a lot of foot traffic. Our server was kind and kept up with our dishes and drinks.

Overall it was a good experience and a good value.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

I used to like this restaurant before they changed to a buffet. I have tried the buffet a couple times and both times was disappointed. There is definitely plenty of selection, but I thought there was more american food than Chinese food - and most of the food is bland and barely warm. The soups are probably only good when they are first brought out because after they are sitting for a while - when you look into the pot - you will likely decide not to have soup when you see the coagulated slop.