All reviews full kitchen living room bi level loft upstairs loft bit hard to find vestal parkway vanity area waffles upon check niagara falls breakfast area above average family weekend complimentary breakfast fireplace binghamton university
Reviewed 10 September 2017

If you come here in the dark, be ready to drive back and forth to find the real entrance. Nothing is lit near the front. Next, be ready for an AC system that turns on and off, creating the sensation of "quiet and noise." I need one or the other - not both. When I tried to change the thermostat to "fan on" I realized that there is no light near the wall holding the thermostat. I finally turned on my laptop to use it as a "beacon" to change the setting. The tub shower drained slowly - very slowly. All four pillows seemed to be constructed from the same reinforced concrete. Usually there is at least ONE soft pillow among the group. Just annoying.

Finally, at 1:30 am, some jerk pulled up on his 3 wheel motorcycle with the radio blaring. Left it on for 20 seconds. Proceeded to storm up the steps to the room next to me. And slammed the door as hard as possible. This is certainly not the hotel's fault. But it just added to the aggravation of picking the wrong location. I saved $34 over the price of another Marriott, but paid for it in annoyance.

Breakfast was typical Marriott. Frozen cantaloupe segments - when it is IN season. Overcooked pork sausage, and bland and watery eggs.

The staff here is fine. They are dealing with a outdated physical plant as well as a outmoded design. I would tear it down and start again.

Room Tip: Two floor layout. Go for the top floor so you don't have to listen to the guy above you.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Deb_Davern, Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Hello John I:
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for maintenance issues you encountered. Thanks to comments such as yours, our company has heard what our guests are saying and we are set up for renovation this winter. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will consider us again when your travels bring you back to the Binghamton/Vestal area.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Being the half way point between Niagara Falls and NYC, we stayed here for a night. First, we showed up at night and there seems to be only 1 little tiny sign on the side of Vestal Pkwy to how to get to this place as the entrance road is around the corner, took us a couple of U-turns to find, but we eventually did. We stayed in the 2 room suite. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was nice, well appointed. Stayed for just the night and didn't really utilize the hotel's amenities, just a place to crash for the night with the family. Beds were comfy, I would come again. Price was right.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hello wolfman2014:
Thank you for the nice review. I am sorry it was so difficult for you to find us, we are rather tucked "around the corner". Now that you know where we are, hopefully we will see you again.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I am not sure where those other people stayed at, but the Residence inn at Marriott,was wonderful. We stayed for a night to visit Binghamton university, the room was spacious, modern kitchen with all the modern updates and utensils, you can think of. Nice confortable bed, fire place, small bathroom and adequate vanity area. It has a nice pool, and great breakfast. If my son decides to go to Binghamton, it will definitely be our place to stay for college visits.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hello eunicehb:
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to give us such a nice review of your stay.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I chose this hotel last month for one night because it allows dogs (for a pricey $75) and because it is supposedly convenient to I-81. I did not find it particularly convenient to I-81 and I did not particularly enjoy my stay. While the front desk staff was nice enough, the hotel just seemed so old, our room was somewhat icky, and it seemed like the guest in the room above us lived at the hotel and spent the whole night pacing back and forth from room to room. It was not a great Residence Inn experience.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Deb_Davern, Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear sarathemom:
Please accept our apology that your recent stay did not meet your expectations; in regards to I-81 accessibility and that your room seemed "icky". We are looking forward to our room renovations that are scheduled to begin January 2018 and hope that you will try us again if your travels bring you back to the Binghamton/Vestal area.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel for 3+months and I am far from impressed. I travel for work 365 days a year and stay exclusively with Marriott Hotels. There are a few employees that seem to care, however the cleaning crew is not among them. I actually had to mark my sheets to monitor them being changed on a regular basis. Normal everyday cleaning that you are accustomed too does not happen here; no sweeping, no vacuuming, not even the toilet is cleaned without complaining to management. I highly recommend spending your money elsewhere, don't be fooled by the landscaping!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Deb_Davern, Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Emily S:
Our Executive Housekeeper has been advised of your situation and has taken steps to rectify the matter. If you have any further concerns during your stay, we kindly ask that you contact the front desk so that they may notify the proper department manager to assist you.