“Good sushi”

Ranked #27 of 100 Restaurants in Vestal
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 30 December 2017

This place has good sushi but if you eat in the food takes a really long time to be served. There is hibachi where they cook in front of you, I haven''t tried it here but others seem to enjoy it. The food is good for the price, the staff is friendly for barely speaking english, but if service was quicker I'd give it a higher rating.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I have visited here at least 5 times with students over the past four years. We always enjoy the "show" at the hibachi, although it has become pretty predictable with little variation. The food was just as good as always and the service was very prompt. The "chef" who cooked the food in front of us and put on the little show, however, was less polished and engaged than previous chefs. Thankfully, I had a coupon from a local website or the prices would've been a little over my budget. We also enjoyed the mochi and fried green tea ice cream. Note that this restaurant does not actually employ any Japanese workers at this time, probably because there aren't that many in this area.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

My family and I are huge Ichabon people. We love all their food and especially the pink sauce. We were away and it was in the hotel so we thought yes give it a try. It was ok. The pink sauce wasn't the same and they don't use the same spices. Noodles did not come with the meal. I ordered them on the side and they were nothing like what I am used to. On the flip side the cook was super fun and had a good time with my group. Basically we learned not to do any hibachi unless it's Ichabons becuase that's our favorite

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Before the graduation ceremonies we had an early dinner at Fuji San Japanese Restaurant. We were seated at a large "Hibachi" table, and service started as soon as we took our places.
Each one of us, ordered something else, which the chef prepared for us in front of our eyes with some entertainment as well.
The food..... excellent

Reviewed 17 April 2017

We went to Fuji San while staying at the Quality Inn because it was cold and damp outside and we just didn't feel like going back outside. You can get to the restaurant from the Hotel. We arrived and a young women came to seat us in a mostly empty restaurant. We said we wanted the Habachi seating, we were asked if we both were ordering Habachi, which we were, but I was given the impression that if only one of us was we wouldn't be allowed to sit there. They seated us at an empty table and within minutes moved us to another table in another room. there were 4 Habachi tables in each room that we were in. The table next to us had 3 people finishing their meal. We ordered and our chef came out and did a great job of cooking and interacting with us, even though it was just 2 of us at the table. He didi the typical tossing of the egg, onion volcano, and even offered the saki squirt in the mouth ( water for the child) The food was very tasty! I had the HIbachi Steak and my neice had the Habachi steak and shrimp. Our meal came with the miso soup, salad with way too much dressing, fried rice and veggies. Heres where the strange part comes in...We were enjoying our meal when 2 waitresses stood by us kind of staring at us, then one of them gave us take home containers and continued to watch us eat. Finally I looked at one of them and said, is there something I can help you with? She aske me how much longer we would be? I responded with were still eating and when we finish we will be done! we hadn't been eating all that long! then when she obviously didn't like my answer, another came up and asked if we would mind moving to a regular table. I did mind, but we moved. Apparently they had a party of 32 people who arrived shortly after they moved us! Why they sat us there when they knew they had a large party arriving and why did they move us in the first place? it kind of ruined the experience for us and I doubt I will ever go back.