“if you go, go for lunch”

Fuji San Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 102 Restaurants in Vestal
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 19 March 2017

The food was okay but not special. I liked the service. Not too much atmosphere.
I went once for lunch and once for dinner. I enjoyed lunch better

Reviewed 1 March 2017

First time at this restaurant, which is in the Quality Inn hotel directly across from Binghamton University (which is in Vestal, NY not Binghamton, NY)! Restaurant was clean. We were promptly seated at the Hibachi grill. Very limited cocktail menu so we just had water to drink.

We both had the Seafood Trio. Onion soup was basically just water, a few onion-like things and a few slivers of mushrooms. The salad was iceberg lettuce, with one cucumber slice and dressing that we did not care for.

The actual Hibachi grill was really good. Fried rice, onions, a slew of fresh vegetables, lobster, scallops & shrimp. Food was ample for the price. Well seasoned and very tasty. Show was nice too.

Service was okay. Water glasses were refilled. Dirty dishes cleared promptly. I only gave this 3 stars but it's close to 4. Will definitely go back and try it again.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

We found this place to be sub-par. The gyoza appetizers were really greasy and not at all tasty. My wife's food was nothing like what she thought it was going to be. My food was OK, just OK. The prices are too high for below average food. This is the only time we'll eat there.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Great food, reasonable prices, friendly staff and good service. I do think their drink selection and stock needs to improve... Last visit they were out of a lot of stuff and I ended up sticking with water because of it which was disappointing. Just as good as Kampai if not better. The only thing Kampai has over Fuji San is better veggies!!

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Came here around 3 and there was only one other customer. Service was quick. Shrimp tempura and avocado roll very good.