“Good food, nice time and a surprise”

Kampai Japanese Steak House
Ranked #25 of 103 Restaurants in Vestal
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our dinner at Kampai in a traditional table area, food was tasty my kids really liked it. After a spectacular and yummy tempura ice cream, we were surprise with a delicious plum wine as a courtesy from the manager.
Hibachi area was really crowded and sushi bar looks awesome. This is a great place to stop and try if you are visiting the area .

1  Thank droppingnewz

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Always lots of fun here. Love going for celebrations. Food is always great and the staff is lots of fun.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife revived a gift card to come here and we finally cashed it in. Food was decent not excellent or not even as good as a lot of other hibachi restaurants I have been too. The show the chef put on was just ok. He did not really have fun it was late so I'm sure he was tired but I just felt I did not get the true hibachi experience I have gotten so many other times. Servings at these places are usually huge, mine was not I ate everything, and I got the shrimp and chicken. I would defiantly come back to give it another try.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Been coming here for over 30+ years. Restaurant our children and grandchildren want to go to when they come to visit us. Sushi bar ... everybody knows your name, great choices of fish, creative rolls... hibachi tables, delicious and plentiful servings. Wonderful that the owner's (Richard Matsushima ) sons managing the restaurant!

Reviewed 26 September 2016

As vegans, we were always leery of hibachi places -- but this place rocked! All the staff members knew exactly how to prepare a fun, delicious meal for our family. My daughter and other people we met at the table had food allergies that our chef was TOPS in accommodating with a smile. (Note: they have gluten free soy sauce -- no need to bring your own!) Was the stir fry the best I ever had? No -- but that's not why we went. We went for the Ooohs and the Aaaahs of the hibachi chef in an atmosphere that is conducive to sharing laughs with strangers at your table. The place is HUGE so it's pretty easy to get a seat without much hassle. We'll keep our good memories of Kampai for a long time.