“I for one am always pleased!”

Dwarf Line Motel & Cottages
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Verona Beach
Dwarf Line Motel & Cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Verona Beach
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I had to respond when by chance I saw the last review. I stay with family each summer at Oneida lake and have stayed with the Dwarfline a number of times. While the nature of the lake and the state park is extremely beautiful it can also at times be quite damp due to storms and humidity and we just have to realize that we should get along with it.

It is true there are few places left like the Dwatfline, and it's too bad. They must operate on a very short season and can't afford to implement all the luxuries that these unhappy posters seem to expect (believe me, I know what being in business is like).

But if top end luxury is what one wants, they need to go to a top end resort. The Dwarfline (and the other charming places in that area) are not perfect but they provide much more. I haven't found another motel/cottage place where I can sit out by the fire at night with other friendly guests and owners, at the edge of the state forest after watching a brilliant sunset; and swim out front on a sandy beach under sunny sky.

No the rooms aren't perfect but they are clean and neat (never have I experienced must).The cottages are unique as are the grounds.The owners Merle and John treat you well and we will be back!

Room Tip: We liked it back by the woods
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jim A

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed here August 2011 and was shocked to find such a place in the great USA. I live in Ireland and was visiting a friend in NY state, we were invited to a wedding and were advised to pre book this place which we did.We were the last of our party to arrive and I think we must have got the worst room in the place. My friend payed the deposit by credit card and the money was taken out of her account 2-3 weeks before we arrived. On arrival we were taken to the office and the balance was taken before we were shown the room. On entering the room there was a bad offensive smell and it lasted for our 2 night stay, anyone who came to our room commented on it and asked how we could put up with it. There was family involved in the arranging of this whole affair and so we didnt want to cause any bad feeling.
I am very prone to insect bites and was badly bitten by ??? insects after sleeping in this room and one corner smelt strongly of urine. The first impressions when walking into the room was it was very dark due to the dark panelling and dark decore, that I could have lived with if the place had been clean and fresh. You might wonder why I have taken so long to write this review but even after all these months I still cant believe there are such places, do these premises ever get inspected.If it had been a budget dirt cheap place it might have explained it but it was`nt. As I say never again and would advise everyone to stay clear.

Room Tip: dont go there
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank janebell19
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Was passing through and found this place.

The service was very good. Excellent location - it's across the street from the Lake. It backs onto a forest which was nice too.

The room was quite musty and for that reason it would have been difficult to stay another night. Washroom was very small.

The town of Verona is nearby - it was pretty popular and even had a small fair with rides.

Hard for me to comment about the price since the town is popular while the availability of places to stay is low.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Denis_The_Thief
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I found the Dwarf Line Motel and Cottages on a whim about 10 years ago on a whim and stayed there overnight found it to be a good nights stay. Based on that stay, I booked Memorial weekend this year. We stayed in a house keeping cottage. John and his wife Merle went out of their way to make our stay worth wile. It is comfortable, clean and affordable there. The folks are friendly and accommodating. John and his wife are always on hand for any of your needs and even have time for friendly conversation and to share some stories and antidotes. We love it so much there I have booked 2 more weekends there. I strongly recommend the Dwarf Line to anyone who asks me...

Room Tip: all ooms there are great but the cottages are the best buy there if you plan to stay for more than 2...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank soulinjected
Reviewed 1 July 2011

This was a nice place to stay considering that the service what great, we were close to the state park the owners were vary nice. Me and my buddy went fishing on the weekend out on the lake then down the canal. And also me and my girlfriend walked the beach as the sun set which was great. We would stay here again and also recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank mustang97c

Been to Dwarf Line Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!