“never again”

Dwarf Line Motel & Cottages
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Verona Beach
Dwarf Line Motel & Cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Verona Beach
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed here August 2011 and was shocked to find such a place in the great USA. I live in Ireland and was visiting a friend in NY state, we were invited to a wedding and were advised to pre book this place which we did.We were the last of our party to arrive and I think we must have got the worst room in the place. My friend payed the deposit by credit card and the money was taken out of her account 2-3 weeks before we arrived. On arrival we were taken to the office and the balance was taken before we were shown the room. On entering the room there was a bad offensive smell and it lasted for our 2 night stay, anyone who came to our room commented on it and asked how we could put up with it. There was family involved in the arranging of this whole affair and so we didnt want to cause any bad feeling.
I am very prone to insect bites and was badly bitten by ??? insects after sleeping in this room and one corner smelt strongly of urine. The first impressions when walking into the room was it was very dark due to the dark panelling and dark decore, that I could have lived with if the place had been clean and fresh. You might wonder why I have taken so long to write this review but even after all these months I still cant believe there are such places, do these premises ever get inspected.If it had been a budget dirt cheap place it might have explained it but it was`nt. As I say never again and would advise everyone to stay clear.

Room Tip: dont go there
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank janebell19

Reviewed 21 July 2011

Was passing through and found this place.

The service was very good. Excellent location - it's across the street from the Lake. It backs onto a forest which was nice too.

The room was quite musty and for that reason it would have been difficult to stay another night. Washroom was very small.

The town of Verona is nearby - it was pretty popular and even had a small fair with rides.

Hard for me to comment about the price since the town is popular while the availability of places to stay is low.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Denis_The_Thief
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I found the Dwarf Line Motel and Cottages on a whim about 10 years ago on a whim and stayed there overnight found it to be a good nights stay. Based on that stay, I booked Memorial weekend this year. We stayed in a house keeping cottage. John and his wife Merle went out of their way to make our stay worth wile. It is comfortable, clean and affordable there. The folks are friendly and accommodating. John and his wife are always on hand for any of your needs and even have time for friendly conversation and to share some stories and antidotes. We love it so much there I have booked 2 more weekends there. I strongly recommend the Dwarf Line to anyone who asks me...

Room Tip: all ooms there are great but the cottages are the best buy there if you plan to stay for more than 2...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank soulinjected
Reviewed 1 July 2011

This was a nice place to stay considering that the service what great, we were close to the state park the owners were vary nice. Me and my buddy went fishing on the weekend out on the lake then down the canal. And also me and my girlfriend walked the beach as the sun set which was great. We would stay here again and also recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank mustang97c
Reviewed 29 June 2011

My friend and I happened by on our way to Niagra Falls for overnight. We saw the sign and followed the road through the park land and stayed the night in room 6 near the woods. Though the Motel is older, it is really cute and was very clean. I decided to make an entry here on this site and was quite suprised by the negative responses I saw! So I saw it a must that I post here.

We certainly saw no evidence of anything unclean and no insect problems. We got to look at one of the cottages and are planning to return for a longer stay. Oh, and the sunset across the street over the lake was spectacular. It's also nice to be hosted by the owners instead of staff who sometimes seem indiffernt in other businesses.

Room Tip: Room by the woods was cozy, cottages look great
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank gennyq

Been to Dwarf Line Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!