Dwarf Line Motel & Cottages
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Verona Beach
Dwarf Line Motel & Cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Verona Beach
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I found the Dwarf Line Motel and Cottages on a whim about 10 years ago on a whim and stayed there overnight found it to be a good nights stay. Based on that stay, I booked Memorial weekend this year. We stayed in a house keeping cottage. John and his wife Merle went out of their way to make our stay worth wile. It is comfortable, clean and affordable there. The folks are friendly and accommodating. John and his wife are always on hand for any of your needs and even have time for friendly conversation and to share some stories and antidotes. We love it so much there I have booked 2 more weekends there. I strongly recommend the Dwarf Line to anyone who asks me...

Room Tip: all ooms there are great but the cottages are the best buy there if you plan to stay for more than 2...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank soulinjected

Reviewed 1 July 2011

This was a nice place to stay considering that the service what great, we were close to the state park the owners were vary nice. Me and my buddy went fishing on the weekend out on the lake then down the canal. And also me and my girlfriend walked the beach as the sun set which was great. We would stay here again and also recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank mustang97c
Reviewed 29 June 2011

My friend and I happened by on our way to Niagra Falls for overnight. We saw the sign and followed the road through the park land and stayed the night in room 6 near the woods. Though the Motel is older, it is really cute and was very clean. I decided to make an entry here on this site and was quite suprised by the negative responses I saw! So I saw it a must that I post here.

We certainly saw no evidence of anything unclean and no insect problems. We got to look at one of the cottages and are planning to return for a longer stay. Oh, and the sunset across the street over the lake was spectacular. It's also nice to be hosted by the owners instead of staff who sometimes seem indiffernt in other businesses.

Room Tip: Room by the woods was cozy, cottages look great
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank gennyq
Reviewed 29 June 2011

My wife and I enjoyed a very nice 3 night stay in the 1st week of June. We enjoyed the facility and the personal attention from our hosts Merle and John. I have to say that after reading the other posts, we couldn't imagine them to be accurate. The room is older but kept very neat and clean, and we appreciated the personal touch from the owner (who by the way does the cleaning herself). The Dwarfline Motel and Cottages is a type of business that is disappearing and being replaced by impersonal corporate chains. Though everything wasn't "right-angle" perfect, the rare character is what we adored. It's in a unique "off the beaten track" neighborhood across from the beach and back by the Verona Beach State Park, we felt like we were in a pleasant natural surrounding with deer in the back yard. I saw the "bed bug" photos here. We certainly didn't have these problems and don't think they really exist, but I suspect that being by the woods and spending time on the patio in the eve, you could get a few mosquito bites (so bring some OFF)!

I am writing here because I want to let you all know the good time we had, so many people will only post to these sites when they have negative things to say. The Dwarf Line was a truly unexpected delight and I don't want to see places like these hurt by possibly unfounded negative postings when I can tell of my positive experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank caravandog_11
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I will never stay here or reccomend this place to anyone I know EVER...it is little more then a roach motell... thir rates were unbeleivable...the room was tiny there were stains on the towels, the beds were horrible the electrical system was unexceptable for anyone especially for family's with children we were arfaid our stuff was going to be burned up..our friends stayed two doors down and they had everything in the room that was ran by electric plugged into extention cords ran from the room next to us...including the airconditioner... ohhh did I mention the bed buggs??? Yes I said Bed BUGGS I have uploaded pics for everyone to see....please if you are planing a trip to sylvan beach there are meny others that are much better and you get what you pay for with this roach motel you do not..I was very very disaponted by the lack of human consideration these people have for there costomers.. and they can beleive if we have brought these buggs back to my home I will be calling my lawyer to get my 260$ for two nights i spent back....

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Jenniewhite13
greenbelt048, Owner at Dwarf Line Motel & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

Again, we apologize for any unhappy experiences by our guests. While the vast majority are happy, and many times returning guests, there are always some who will not be satisfied and I'm sorry that these guests did not address their concerns during their multiple night stay. Any suspected stained towels would have been corrected on the spot. As for electrical systems, they are inspected every year by the county and have always passed, we ourselves have lived in the building.

But the main concern which I mentioned in the previous post response is the bed bug accusation. Inspection showed no such problem. The photos attached to the post are not characteristic of the welted swelling of bed bug bites (as our inspector explained), they do however resemble mosquito bites and unfortunately, at the lake in a wet spring there is not much we can do except keep our doors closed! I apologize for these inconveniences and hope that you will all come and stay with us in our friendly motel and cottages at our little resort area by Oneida Lake. Thank you!

Been to Dwarf Line Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!