“Pleasant place to stay easily accessible to the casino” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona

Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Verona
Syracuse, New York
“Pleasant place to stay easily accessible to the casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed here because the casino was sold out of reasonable rate rooms. The hotel staff was pleasant to work with and the accommodations were clean and comfortable. There is a complimentary on demand shuttle to the casino which is directly across the street. A nice open and bright sports bar is right next door as well as a Dunkin Donuts if you need something other than the complimentary breakfast. The breakfast had the typical trimmings of bagels, muffins, cold cereal but I was also happy to see grapefruit and other fruit cups in the refrigerator to balance out the carbs.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the third floor so you dont have any customers above you
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tycalmc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

We've been Marriott customers for years but we have not been as satisfied with the Fairfield Inns and Suites lately. At the Verona branch we were given the smallest hotel room we've seen at Marriott. It did not have a refrigerator as requested and the bathroom was especially small.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

I stayed here for business recently. It was like any other Marriott Fairfield Inn....clean, well-appointed, decent breakfast. My biggest complaint was this awful sound...like a low bass rumble over and over again, with no clear pattern. When I checked out, I found out that I was above the front doors to the hotel, and every time they opened or closed I had this awful noise. If I were to stay here again, I would make sure that I do not get that room. I think it was 211.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Clean, comfortable rooms. Great staff. DO NOT go to the sports bar next door. (Owned by the hotel I think) OK food, terrible service

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed at The Fairfield Inn Verona on two non-consecutive nights. Verona is the half way point in our drive from Toronto to New Hampshire. We had previously stayed at this hotel for one night two years ago and, while we had enjoyed our stay, we thought it was too pricey for a simple one night stop. After having stayed in other hotels (in Verona and Utica) we changed our minds! We value a good night's sleep.
Despite the fact that we were too tired to visit the nearby Casino (we almost made it this time!) we really appreciated the spacious rooms and the quiet, relaxing atmosphere of the hotel. The decor is warm and inviting and the rooms are spotless and clean. My husband was pleased with the quick internet access as well. Front desk staff (two young men) were warm, friendly and helpful. One of the young men patiently explained a Marriott reward letter I had recently received. The breakfast is fine for us as we're happy with whole wheat toast, yogurt and coffee in the morning. We walked over to the Sports Bar and it was fine for a wings and wine/beer type dinner. My only complaint about this hotel would be the pillows! What is up with those pillows? They are too soft and squishy and offer no support. I laughed when I read another review in which the reviewer comments that the pillows wouldn't stay on the bed - that's true! As we were leaving, I saw two children arriving clutching their own pillows. I thought to myself, "smart move!"
Overall this hotel meets our needs and we leave in the morning feeling refreshed and ready to drive. I'm sure we'll be staying here again. Hopefully we'll make it to the casino.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
0.6 km away
18.5 km away
Hampton Inn Rome
Hampton Inn Rome
#1 of 7 in Rome

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona? Share your experiences!