“Very Nice Hotel”
Review of Hampton Inn Utica

Hampton Inn Utica
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Family and I stayed here recently on our way to Boston. We were here just one night, but we found the hotel to be very nice and clean. Our room was very nice. Not fancy but more than adequate. There is a hot breakfast offered as a part of your room. The hotel offer plenty of free parking and is ADA accessible.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jessica S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Sherlock6142,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for us. I'm so delighted you had such a wonderful stay while you were with us. The entire staff strives to make sure all of our guests feel like they are at their "home away from home." We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Utica area.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

It would appear that the staff at this hotel are overworked morning, noon and night. There wasn't anyone available to check us in, only a sign indicating that the front desk clerk would return shortly. When I went to the front desk the next morning the same sign was out. I've called three times in the last week to ask about something that I left in my room, and all three times the person who answered the phone put me on hold because she was checking in guests. I still haven't spoken with a human there.

The room was okay. The bed was made only with a sheet and a knitted blanket. An extra blanket would have been welcomed as the room was chilly at night so it was necessary to put on the temperature control unit which was quite loud. Poor sound insulation at the door.

The breakfast buffet was quite good. Juice, assortment of breads, yogourt, waffles, breakfast meats, fruit salad and eggs.

Free parking. Pool but no hot tub. Small gym. I recommend taking the short trip down Genessee for meals.

Room Tip: Pick your room online via the Hilton Honors app
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Jessica S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear Biensapeau,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for us. Please allow me to deeply apologize during about your recent experience with us that we did not meet the high level of standards we pride ourselves on. I would love to talk to your about your recent stay. Please feel free to call me at the hotel at 315-733-1200. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Four of us stayed at this hotel on our way to Plymouth, MA. It was well located near the highway and easy to get to. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and we appreciated the in-room fridge and microwave. The beds were very comfortable and we all got a good night's sleep. We appreciated the recommendations of the hotel clerk regarding places to eat and I enjoyed the best chowder ever at Delmonico's Steakhouse just down the street. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Q1107SKcarols,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for us. We are so delighted you had such a wonderful stay with us while you were passing through. The entire staff strives to make sure all of our guests feel like they are at their "home away from home." There are many delicious restaurants in the are we love to recommend for dinner. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Utica area.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We've always been very satisfied with Hampton Inns and this one was no exception. Clean, quiet room, great beds with nice sheets and 4 pillows on each bed. And a good rate as well. Thank you, Hampton!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jessica S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear 325bebe,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for us. I'm delighted you had such a wonderful stay during your recent visit to our property. The entire staff strives to make sure all of our guests feel like they are at their "home away from home." We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Utica area.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This is a nicely maintained Hampton Inn in Utica, NY. A nice touch is a hot snack in the evenings. When I checked in, they had meatballs in sauce!
My room was clean, comfortable and quiet.
Staff are welcoming and professional.

The breakfast attendant works hard to keep the dining area clean and the food items well stocked. Hot items varied each day, which is nice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Jessica S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear GCKJA,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for us. I'm so delighted you had such a wonderful stay during your recent visit. The entire staff strives to make sure all of our guests feel like they are at their "home away from home". We do put out a evening snack every Monday - Thursday. We try to change breakfast daily for our guests who are here for more than one night so everyone is able to enjoy something different each day. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Utica area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
0.3 km away
Red Roof Inn Utica
#4 of 13 in Utica
9.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford

Been to Hampton Inn Utica? Share your experiences!