“My first seniors cruise as a senior....”
Review of Captain JP Cruises

Captain JP Cruises
Reviewed 21 August 2015

The day after my 55th birthday, Wednesday, August 19th, my wife, my daughter, my Mother and her boyfriend joined me for a bargain cruise on the Hudson River. For $32 we got a 3 hour ride from Troy past Albany to Castleton on Hudson, a buffet lunch, and live music. The deal really was a deal, and I can't believe any review could be negative. The parking was free, and inside in the shade of a parking garage. The picture of your group as you boarded was presented at the final leg of the cruise and available for purchase for a mere $5 ! The drinks onboard were free for water and iced tea, and $5 for a Jack Daniels and Coke. The food was a delicious Prime Rib or Ham, rice pilaf, vegetable medley, dinner rolls and butter, and a vast array of oversized cakes and pies ! It really was a cruise ! The weather was a bit warm, but only if you were out of the stiff breeze and in the direct sun, so with proper positioning, it was easy to be comfortable outside, and even easier in the Air Conditioned interior. The Captain said we had 150 passengers on the 600 person capacity boat, so there was a lot of free space. The narration about the area's history, the river statistics, and Albany was just the right amount. Most of the trip's view was greenery, with a few sections of oil tanks, and the Capital City itself. The railroad bridge had an Amtrak train pass over it, and then had to turn 90 degrees twice for us to pass through it. All in all, it was a blast. And the seniors dancing to the music were kicking their heels up like they were at a wedding ! The only improvement might be to pipe the live music up to the top deck for people that wanted to enjoy both the music and to sit in the sun while enjoying the views outside.

2  Thank 5inavan
"scenery"
"commentary"
"event"

Reviewed 17 August 2015

I enjoyed a dinner cruise on board the Captain JP. The food was good and it was nice to eat dinner and cruise the Hudson. Although the sights are not always the best, I did get to see the area from a new vantage point and we had a great time!

Reviewed 8 July 2015

With very good food, pleasant staff, and live music, our 3 hour Autumn cruise from Troy to Albany and back was a unique and fun family birthday gift.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

The Cruise is ok ,but boring at times.His dinner Cruise is ok but.Food is only fairThe ship is a nice o0ne but it canbe UP GRADED IN DECORE