All reviews visiting rpi recovery room albany area room was clean nice hotel breakfast buffet front desk staff business trip excellent stay hotel staff would definitely stay here again new york lobby hgi rensselaer conference wedding
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

This hotel is situated less than 2 miles from RPI. As far as the hotel goes it is great. It is very convenient for people who need to visit RPI.

Pros:
1. Rooms are large, with very little signs of wear.
2. Ample parking.
3. Lobby area is very clean and check in and check out is quick and easy.
4. Bar is open from 5-11pm with a reasonable selection with average prices.
5. Beds are comfortable, and rooms are quiet made sleeping very good.
6. Less than 5 minute drive to RPI.
7. Staff who work here go out of their way to satisfy the customers.

Cons:
1. The immediate area is somewhat sketchy. Considering the area I feel the rate the hotel charges is little higher (10-15%) than it probably should be (in my opinion).
2. Very limited dining choices for families in the immediate area.

Overall if you are visiting RPI, this hotel is a good choice. However if you are willing to drive further there are other options within 5 miles that offer more in the way of better local dining options.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2016

The beds were extremely uncomfortable. I did not like that every time I came into the room it was very hot and I had to wait about an hour to be comfortable again. I did not like that it got very warm in the room at night despite what I put the thermostat on. I did not like not having a safe available to me in my room. The staff was friendly and as helpful as they could be, but most of my issues could not be fixed by them.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 9 August 2016

Dear Llltj,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience with our property. I am sorry to hear that your stay at our establishment did not meet your expectations

I apologize that the bed was uncomfortable for you, I would be frustrated too if I wasn’t able to sleep well because of the bed. Our beds are pressure adjustable which allows you to change the pressure of the mattress to your liking. I apologize that our front desk did not provide more information in regards to what our rooms have to offer.

Our thermostat system in the room is ecofriendly, it has a motion sensor and immediately turns on with any sign of motion. We are able to override the system and make sure the room is perfect every time you walk in.

As you mentioned in your review, you did not like that there wasn’t a safe in the room and I apologize if it caused any inconvenience during your stay. We do have safety deposit boxes located at the front desk, which you can access at any time that you would like. I am confident that if you were to visit us again, you would enjoy the many amenities that we have to offer. I hope you will give our hotel another chance to make your stay special!

Reviewed 23 July 2016

This was an excellent midweek stay for our son's summer orientation at R.P. I. IT has a suprisingly good hotelrestaurant with healthy choices,nice waitstaff. Nice hotel employees overall. Very clean hotel. We will stay here again if it is available. It has good proximity to Rensslear Polytechnic Institute.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Staff was extremely friendly. Rooms and entire building was extremely clean. The all you can eat breakfast buffet was definitely worth the money. Very yummy and lots to choose from. Would recommend to anyone needing a place to stay in the area

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2016

Good to stay for college family of RPI but maintenance especially bathroom is not that good enough. Very clean room. Service at the restaurant is excellent. The food is reasonable. Some mattresses (in my case double beds) has sagged and some springs of it are broken.

• Trip type: Travelled with family