“HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!!”

Rise N Shine Diner
Ranked #9 of 778 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Absolutely the best diner in New York State! I have visited many places across the state and this is by far the most exquisite. Each meal very creative! Love the home fries, and the big daddy very flavorful. The "pancake factory" great for the kids and ones who love sweets! I recommend completely to everyone to come to this hidden gem, on Thompson road in east syracuse !

1  Thank giustina c

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We chose Rise N Shine because I loved the story of its beginnings which I found on Trip Advisor. We were a family of 16, with five children. We were greeted warmly and shown to our table within a reasonable amount of time. The little café was very popular and very busy. The owner, Debbie, and her staff were warmly accommodating and made us feel very welcome. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered, the food is excellent. We will certainly return to the Rise and Shine café the next time we’re in the area.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Don’t let the Valvoline oil in front turn you away. This hole in the wall spot has the best breakfast around! The frittatas are huge and the coffee is their own local blend and it is delicious! I can’t say enough great things about this place! My boyfriend and I go every weekend! The restaurant is small so go early and it is worth the wait!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We had breakfast there on the recommendation of a hotel desk clerk - glad we did. Great food and friendly staff.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had just been at the Doubletree for a Recognition event the night before, and wanted someplace different to eat breakfast the next morning. It was only a couple of minutes away, so we thought it was worth a try. Good decision!

When we arrived it looked like a pretty long wait ahead of us. I put our name on the list and was told about 30 minutes. We got some coffee inside and sat at one of the outside picnic tables enjoying the beautiful October Sunday morning weather. A quick 30 minutes later we received a text telling us our table was ready.

After we were seated, we perused the menu, had some more coffee, and ordered our breakfast. I had the Mexican omelet and my wife had scrambled eggs, bacon and pancakes. Both of our meals were delicious and quite filling. We definitely went away completely sated. And it was pretty obvious that everyone inside were really enjoying their meals as well.

There is a reason the place is crowded. It is really good! The price is very reasonable. So the value is high.

Definitely worth the Sunday morning wait.