All reviews pancake machine cinnamon rolls quiet location bagels pool and hot tub horse show fair grounds nice clean hotel would stay here again nice stay nice breakfast new york comfortable beds off the highway minute drive continental breakfast parking lot
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel being in town for a family event. Convenient off the highway but know that there is nothing around it. The free breakfast is great and convenient. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive review! We appreciate you taking the time and for providing us the opportunity to be your hosts.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I had to travel last minute for a funeral service that led me to this hotel. It seemed to be conveniently located from what I could tell on the map - and it sure was. I paid a little bit more for the convenient location, but was glad I had when I made the trip. It was super easy to navigate my way to the funeral home, which is exactly what I wanted.
The gentleman at the front desk was very nice at check in, and also when I came in and out of the hotel he always said hello and asked how my night was going.
I was able to enjoy the hot tub that evening. (Another reason I chose this hotel) It wasn't as hot as I would have liked, but I do like it hotter than most people I think. The pool area was very clean and welcoming.
Free breakfast in the morning was another plus. I enjoyed some eggs and a cinnamon roll.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Thank you so much for being with us and sharing your positive experience. Our team strives to be of assistance in all ways possible and I am glad to know we succeeded with you!

Reviewed 27 May 2017

We had a bit of trouble getting to this place as it is not right on the freeway frontage. But it was what we expected. There were nice clean rooms with wifi and a good breakfast which is why we like this chain.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

My husband and I stayed here while driving to Canada. This was a fairly new hotel with a wonderful breakfast. There was very few guests there that night so it was very quiet. We enjoyed using the pool and hot tub. Not much around- had to travel a few miles to find a good restaurant to eat.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

The stay started well for our group, even though they messed up some room assignments. One room in our group had a messed up toilet. They were told there was no maintenance people that work on weekends and had to change rooms. That was extremely inconvenient based on our schedule. When our boss called the hotel and ask about what options were he was met with a terrible reaction. To make matters worse Andrew decided it would be good to complain about our boss to the people who had to change rooms. Not real bright. Needless to say we won't be staying at that hotel again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

On behalf of the hotel, I first and foremost apologize for the situation members of your group were confronted with. We were honored to be chosen as the host hotel for your group and excited to have this high profile tournament nearby.

Any room assignment issues I have not been made aware by the group. In relation to rooming lists we were provided and the group agreement that was in place, rooms were set.

As for the toilet, it is unfortunate to have a situation where room functionality effects a guest's stay. Our hotel does not have 24 hr maintenance on-site, that is correct, however that doesn't mean someone isn't available. In this situation, though inconvenient, we felt it would be best for the guest effected to utilize a room down the hall during the remainder of their stay, which left the room with the issue accessible for us to address the needed repairs when maintenance became available.

Again, I apologize that some of your group encountered an issue at our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and congratulations on a great tournament!