“Can get busy on graduation day”

King David's Restaurant
Ranked #134 of 768 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Greek, Middle Eastern
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Went on a day when graduation ceremonies were going on at the university. It was very crowded but the wait staff did their best to meet high standards of service. Even when we ordered several pieces of baklava to split among 7 people, they took the time to cut it into pieces for each person when they served it. The quality of the food reminded me of street cart food in NYC - that is it was fresh and delicious.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

We were in the Syracuse University area so went here for lunch. Parking is on the street or in lots where you have to pay. The restaurant is upstairs so you have to walk up to eat. I am not sure if they have an alternate entry for wheelchairs or others who need accessibility.
This is a small restaurant with table service or take out. When we were there they were doing a brisk take-out business with a few tables occupied. Service was efficient; select your own table and someone will bring you water and menus.
They had the typical Middle Eastern dishes, offering some vegetarian and some gluten-free options.
The food was good and plentiful; ingredients tasted fresh and flavorful. My table mate got the gyro and tabbouleh salad. I got the kibbe luncheon plate which included white rice and a salad. It came with two pitas; not whole grain.
Everything was fine and if I am in the neighborhood I will return.

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Some friends told us about this place as being one of the best Mediterranean places around so we were hoping it was going to be really good. We had the taziki to start which was great but they only give you one pita and enough taziki for about 10. For the main I had the moussaka and my wife had the grape leaves. Both our meats tasted really gamey like lamb but stronger. It was not at all appealing and overpowered all the other flavors. Both of our dishes said beef so if they're substituting lamb or something they should at least make the customers aware. Needless to say we won't be back.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

This place has a lot of greek staples like grape leaves and Spinach pie. It's good for sit-down or take out, and they took my walk-in order very quickly. It also has a nice variety of options for vegetarians like me.

The falafel pocket sandwich I ordered was tasty, but the bread fell apart super easily, and it was a messy nightmare to eat. Sauce and lettuce were spilling out all over.

The bright side is that the ingredients were all very fresh, and they flavor their falafel well. If I have time to really sit down and enjoy it, I'd come back, but if I'm on he run like I was today, I'll unfortunately have to stop at a more expensive, less tasty option to avoid the mess.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

We absolutely enjoyed the meal, the service and the environment. Very rarely do we eat out - but we will def. be going back.