Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport
US$162
US$171
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewssyracuse airportfront deskfull kitchenpark and flythe maintenance manfrequent travelerkitchen areathe shuttle driverlittle thingsearly flightstaying at this hotelbed was comfortablethe holiday inn expresshome away from homecleaning staffcoffee makerfitness room
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Just spent two days and place couldn't have felt more like home. Everything from laundry to pantry to cook tops provided all the comforts. Staff was very accommodating, especially Mel and James who could not have been friendlier. I highly recommend on your next visit to Syracuse.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you for your comments ! We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Syracuse !

Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stayed on Oct 8-9.2011. I had a great time. I wish I had time to stay lobger. I was visiting my brother for one day. Next time I will stay longer. It is a great place for a family. It was spotless and friendly. You could cook all your meals because it had a stove ,fridge,and microwave. Also all the dushes and pots and pans.It wasn't like the Best Western last time with bugs. When I called they the called me a liar. This place was 100% better.I hope if you need a friendly place you will pick this Hotel.Well the air conditiner was noisey.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Stayed at the Candlewood Suites at the Syracuse Airport for 5 days in late September, 2011 and had a very nice time. The room and bed was comfortable, the bathroom was pleasant, excellent towels and the kitchen had everything you would need to cook small meals. The refrigerator was especially helpful to cool soda, store food and have ice for drinks. The computer in the lobby was a nice touch and was usually available. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. The entire hotel experience was pleasant and I would certainly return again. I think it is a very good value for the money even though I used Priority Club points to pay for the stay. It is not, however, a luxury hotel but rather a very good middle/upper market property that will not disappoint. It is very close to the airport (but not overly noisy) and located such that it is easy to get around town with no trouble from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I have NEVER had bed bug bites before and now have a bunch on the back of my leg! Disgusting! Do not stay at the Candlewood airport hotel. Not clean. First room they gave us smelled like cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. The second room smelled a bit better but had BED BUGS! Ewwwww

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MGilb
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

We are sorry to hear that you think you may have been bitten by bed bugs. All though it is an epidemic in the hotel industry at this time, we haven't heard of any complaints at the property regarding bed bugs, including nothing from the above reviewer. We have been on a preventative program for bed bugs for 4 years now in which all of our rooms get serviced 4 to 5 times a year. You can never rid yourself from ever having a bed bug issue due to the nature of the species being a “hitchhiker” However being on the program eliminates the chance of them reproducing once a guest brings them in to the hotel.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

I traveled to Syracuse for a game in September 2011 and stayed at the Candlewood Suites for a night. Overall, I was not impressed, but there were few other options left available in the city. First, the good:

Pros:
- The customer service was fine, friendly, and our room was reserved and ready to go.
- Parking was ample, and convenient.
- All the appliances appeared to work properly.
- Some pre-packaged food was available in a room next to the lobby.
- Everything was fairly clean.
- The exterior of the building looks new and modern.
- The price was fine, although looking back it seems about $10-$20 too expensive.

Now, the bad.
Cons:
- As others have mentioned, there is a dank, smoky smell throughout the hallway, and the room itself smelled musty. If I were staying more than a day, I'd have either switched rooms or gone to a different hotel.
- There was a huge ripped hole in the bathroom ceiling that the hotel covered up with a grating. Part of it was for the fan, but there was a massive (over a foot wide) hole next to the fan assembly.
- There is a lot of wear and tear on the cabinetry, furniture, and carpet - moderate stains throughout and worn trim and handles all over.
- The bed is *not* very comfortable. Very uneven in padding, and it tended to slump toward the middle. My girlfriend and I shared a queen bed; neither of us are large. The combined weight for both of us would be under 300#.
- The breakfast options were limited - the best bet was to head to the Denny's nearby, unfortunately.
- There are safes, but they aren't in your room. Rather, they are in the entryway, so everyone can see what you're putting in there, and the code you enter. Not a great idea.
- The provided toiletries are not substantial - see the picture I included, that's all of them! One bar of bath soap, one bar of face soap, and one 2-in-1 shampoo conditioner bottle. I do believe you can *purchase* more in the little shop next to the lobby, however. Just not ideal for someone flying in these days with all the restrictions...

One other thing I'm not sure about - there's a sign in the bathroom implying that they only change the towels out on a weekly basis (as opposed to per stay). I really hope I'm misinterpreting that, and that they will change them out weekly if the same person is staying there. Otherwise, I used a towel someone else used? I really hope not...

Hope this helps - would I go back? I'd certainly look for a better place, but if there weren't any other options, at least I know what I'm getting into. I've stayed in worse, unfortunately, and have also paid more for less. It's not the worst place, but you may be able to do better.

Room Tip: I had a first floor suite, it was relatively quiet, although the walls are paper-thin. I must have hit a quiet night. Not sure if other floors (particularly upper ones) have less smoky smell in the hallways and rooms - give it a shot!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple