All reviews room was clean denny's restaurant budget hotel stay free nice italian restaurant close to the airport free wifi one night stay check in was a breeze would stay here again night's sleep first floor king bed easy access new york niagara falls thruway
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

The staff at this location were very friendly and helpful. The exterior of the hotel could use some painting but the rooms were clean and comfortable. The clientele were better at this location than other Red Roof Inns I've been to. There is a Denny's and a pizzeria nearby. Overall it is a good value. A little sprucing up of the exterior would upgrade my rating from Very Good to Excellent but overall I'm satisfied.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

We are always happy to hear from our guests. We are pleased to learn that you found your room clean and comfortable, and will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We know that there are always areas for improvement, and we Welcome any feedback from our guests. We hope that you will keep us on your list of places to visit.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I spent 3 nights here while dropping my son at Syracuse University.

Fit my expectations for a budget hotel.

Close to the airport. Easy drive (10-15 min) to the University. No breakfast but there is coffee and tea available in the lobby.

The non-smoking room smelled smokey the first night. Once it was reported, they took care of it and I didn't notice any problems for the remainder of my stay. I appreciated that it was taken care of quickly and effectively.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the Truck Stop are likely quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

We are very sorry to learn that your room had a smoke odor at the time of check in. Comments like yours are not always easy to hear. However, I am pleased to know that my staff was able to address it for you in a quick and effective manner. We wish your son the best of luck at the University, and we hope that you visit us again on your next trip to the Syracuse area.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Regardless of what others write I have found the Red Roof Inn to be friendly, clean and everything works. The Inn is located right where you have Denny's that is right across the street and Italian place also there. It is where you can walk to your food, cool. The room is clean, tv works great, free wifi and it works and streams. There is nothing wrong with this Inn, I have been in terrible places. You have parking that you can park right in front of your room, air works good too. I have no complaints and I would recommend the Inn to everyone. The room for us had a king size bed and works for us.

Room Tip: Parking in front of room, the room is quiet, plenty of outlets for your laptop, tabs, cell
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your insights on our Inn. We appreciate your positive feedback and support. It serves as a pat on the back for our hark working staff. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. We do hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The rooms are small so no roll away permitted. Hard floors a plus and bath ok. No refrig or coffee in room. Free in lobby.

Biggest plus is extremely close to NY Thruway. Very nice Italian restaurant next door. Pizza place is close as are Denny's, McDonalds and Burger King.

I stayed their last year. Good stopover on way to Saratoga Springs.

Room Tip: Reserve on line or call ahead
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. From the description of your room, I see that you stayed in one of our Standard King rooms. We do offer two room types on the property that are larger and also offer additional amenities in them, such as small microwave and refrigerator, as well as in room coffee. Those are our Superior King and Deluxe Double room. We do have a lot of dining choices in the area as well. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your room. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Got a room here for my girlfriend and her 4 year old, thinking it'd be a clean, safe place to stay on their trip back from Maine. I was so wrong. They were in the room less than an hour, laying in bed, when her son saw a small, black bug crawling on his mom. This freaked him out, and he wouldn't get back in the bed, even though they'd spent all day on the road and were exhausted.
The front desk staff was absolutely unconcerned and of no help when they were advised of the problem. No offer of another room, or to at least change the bedding in their room. Their attitude was basically, you can stay in that room, or you can check out. So they checked out.
I wasn't expecting a luxury suite. But I did expect a clean room, and some basic level of customer service should a problem arise. They took my money, and in return I got neither of those things. What I did get is a girlfriend and little boy with bug bites on the backs of their legs. So I'd highly recommend avoiding this place unless you'd like that kind of souvenir as well.

Stayed: August 2017
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

We are very disappointed to learn that your girlfriend found a bug in the room upon check in. Our staff has been trained on how to handle such situations, as this happens at all hotels. We can assure you that this is not our normal procedures, and will be investigated fully.