All reviewsroom was cleanstay freedenny's restaurantdunkin donutsnice italian restaurantbudget hotelfree wifiroad noisethird floorone night staycheck in was a breezewould stay here againnight's sleepniagara fallseasy accessking bednew york
Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

I honestly can't believe I'm currently staying in the same hotel as in these reviews. Yes, they refurbished the room, but this non smoking room I'm in reeks like an ashtray. They need to bring in ionizers or something, it's pervasive. The beds are like cement slabs. We've hardly slept all night and I have to drive 3 hours home tomorrow. Trip Advisor, you failed me on this one.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank jennz_id
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2015

We are very disappointed to hear your feedback on your recent stay with us. Comments like yours are not always nice to hear, however they are important in helping us to improve our business. At the present time, all of our rooms are non-smoking. At times, our guests do take it upon themselves to smoke in them anyway. However, it is very disappointing to learn that my housekeeping staff did not address this prior to your arrival. As for the beds in the rooms, they have all been recently replaced with new mattresses and box springs. They are a little on the firmer side, so that they last longer with all of the usage that they get. I am very sorry that this did not meet your expectations. We do hope that you will reconsider and give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

Other reviews are accurate. The hotel appears to have been renovated and the rooms are nice. Staff was very friendly. Price was unbeatable. And it is right off the NYS Thruway and easy to find. However, I honestly can't imagine getting a quiet (or really even not noisy) room. One side of the hotel is hard up against the Thruway access road and the other is adjacent to a truck parking/transfer lot. I am not a light sleeper, and much of the noise was close enough to white noise as not to be bothersome. But when the truck's reversing beeper goes off, it's pretty bad. I think your best choice would be to try for a room on the same side and at the same end as the office. Because of the angle of the property, you'd at least be a little farther from the trucks.

Room Tip: See above. Try for near the office.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank bflohl

We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with your room during your stay with us. We are set in a very trying location as far as environmental noise. We are very sorry to learn that it was bothersome during your stay. Unfortunately, that is a private lot next door and it is beyond our control. We do hope that you will at least consider us during your next visit to the Syracuse area.

Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

I stayed for two nights in September in a superior king room. I had one issue with room cleanliness that was addressed promptly by management. Room was very comfortable and spacious. Love that the sink is outside of the bathroom. Great amenities for the cost. Staff very helpful and friendly. We will be staying here when we go back to Syracuse.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brandie F

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very pleased to hear that your concerns were addressed immediately. We always have staff on 24 hours a day just for this purpose. We want to be sure that your stay is clean, comfortable and care free. We look forward to your next visit to the Syracuse Area.

Reviewed 7 October 2015

I stayed for one night in early October. Check-in was fine and the staff was personable. I had a room on the second floor in the rear of the building. You are very close to Route 90 and road noise was an issue. I cranked the AC all night long which actually made the highway noise barely percetible. The AC did not get the room cool and had it been a warm night I would not have been happy. Room was clean

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank dave d

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us in Syracuse. Clean and comfortable rooms is what we strive for, and it appears that we hit the mark here. However, when they build our inns, they do place us close to the interstates for easy access. I am not sure if the road noise is really taken into consideration. I do apologize for that. The next time that you visit, be sure to request a room on the front side of the building. This will help reduce the noise from the highway.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

We were looking for a budget friendly motel in the Syracuse area and this one did not disappoint. Good location, clean and staff was competent. It is not a new motel, but is in good condition and price was very good.
It satisfied our needs.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank ace091
Red157, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay. We are an economy hotel, therefore, we strive for clean rooms, affordable rates, and good service. It appears that we have accomplished just that during your recent stay in Syracuse. Comments like yours are a great boost to my staff's morale, and I will be sure to share them with the staff. We do hope that you will make us your first choice the next time that you are in the Syracuse area.