“Like eating at Nonas!”

Ranked #107 of 778 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 September 2017

The food here is fantastic! We had the most remarkable and delicious meals. The tortellini special was outstanding! And any of the chicken dishes, pasta dishes,and the specials are amazing! This food is cooked to order so if you're in a rush go to a damn diner don't eat here! Good Italian food takes time and patience. They do not have a liquor license so it is BYOB but don't complain,they open the bottle and pour for you in nice glasses, and it makes your bill even more of of a bargain! There are very few places out there where you can get a gourmet Italian meal of this caliber, bring your own Italian wine, and walk out having paid $50 or a little more including dessert. Cannot believe we did not know about this place! It is a little out-of-the-way or hard to find but it is so close to the airport and airport hotel! ( next to Carvel)Do yourself a favor, go get a great bottle of Italian wine (store 1.5 mi up the road!) and treat yourself to a fantastic meal that's like being at Nona's at Sunday dinner. This is worth the drive from the Cortland area and we will be coming back frequently every time we have to pick someone up at the airport we're going to stop in and let Keith cook for us! outstanding, fabulous, buon appetito! Tell Keith Cathy sent you!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

A little hard to find, hidden a bit away from the road.....But what a find. A charming place, not very big.....great menu, daily specials.....Bring your own wine, which we did. Veal Sorrento was a house specialty: I thought it was just great. Angelo (the Sicilian in the group) had his favorite Chicken Parmesan. Truly Italian, he said. The other couple, Judy had the special for the day, stuffed pasta shells. She didn't leave a thing on her plate. Paul had another chicken/pasta dish, can't remember the name. But I do remember that he was very pleased.....
Service was not bad. Ambiance was great....We'll definitely will come back.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

We visit Sorrento's quite regularly for dinner, but on this visit we met friends for lunch. Three of us had Chicken Caprese that was a special of the day. It came with a salad or soup and side of pasta or vegetable. Very tasty. One person had spaghetti and meatballs with a salad. One person had Chicken Francaise with broccoli and the other had pasta with sausage and peas and a salad. Everyone enjoyed their meals. If you want wine, etc.you can bring your own bottle. Service is always good and staff is very friendly.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I must first state that the owner is a nephew of mine. But this is an honest review. If we were not happy, I would have so stated.

Went to dinner with a group of friends. We like the fact that they have several round tables, which makes for better conversation. The owner/chef came out and greeted the diners when we first got there, which was nice. Service was great, and waitress checked on us frequently. One of the specials this day was Pork Parmesan, which 2 0f my friends ordered and said it was wonderful. Came with a side of pasta and salad. I had Chicken Piccata which also came with the pasta and salad. Choice of pasta shapes with these dishes. I'm sorry, I can't remember the other 3 orders. Everyone raved about their choices. We will definitely return.

1  Thank Kitty L
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Went with a group of about 10 people. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal. Mine was average, and my partner didn't care for his. It's a bring your own establishment, which I'm not fond of anyway, carrying a bottle of beer in my bag....lol, but I know a lot of people don't mind that. It was crowded, which is a good sign.

1  Thank Luckyis