“A great Italian restaurant. Smallish, need to bring your own bottles. All food made on premises, even most of the pasta.”

Sorrento's Restaurant
Ranked #107 of 778 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 14 May 2017

I must first state that the owner is a nephew of mine. But this is an honest review. If we were not happy, I would have so stated.

Went to dinner with a group of friends. We like the fact that they have several round tables, which makes for better conversation. The owner/chef came out and greeted the diners when we first got there, which was nice. Service was great, and waitress checked on us frequently. One of the specials this day was Pork Parmesan, which 2 0f my friends ordered and said it was wonderful. Came with a side of pasta and salad. I had Chicken Piccata which also came with the pasta and salad. Choice of pasta shapes with these dishes. I'm sorry, I can't remember the other 3 orders. Everyone raved about their choices. We will definitely return.

1  Thank Kitty L

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Went with a group of about 10 people. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal. Mine was average, and my partner didn't care for his. It's a bring your own establishment, which I'm not fond of anyway, carrying a bottle of beer in my bag....lol, but I know a lot of people don't mind that. It was crowded, which is a good sign.

1  Thank Luckyis
Reviewed 5 December 2016

Was searching for a place to have a quick and easy dinner before heading to the airport for my flight home. Sitting at a traffic light, just getting dark, and in a slight rain, I happened to see a small oval sign out of the corner of my eye. This place was sitting directly across the parking lot from another small diner I had breakfast at 2 days earlier. I had resigned myself to a couple of pizza slices, but decided to stop and check out this place with a Google search. I made my way back, and was pleasantly surprised! A small family owned and operated place, maybe 12 tables inside, I looked at the menu and asked the server's help. From the home-made rigatoni pastas, to the flavorful home-made meat sauce, all the way to the slightly sweet Italian sausage (again, home-made), I was floored. The huge full bowl was amazing. And the price, under $17.00, was a great bargain. I have found myself a new place for my future Syracuse visits!!

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Bordering on a 4 and a half, mainly because of the food.It outweighs the odd cramped location in a hard to find plaza in in no. syr.,the friendly,attentive if not efficient waitress,or the open rather cold atmosphere of building. but the food! i had the veal sorrento, excellent. all sauces are very tasty and you have to try the fried meatballls app..the service was good, even though she never refilled the water or asked about our lack of napkins.. prices very reasonable.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

First, it's BYOB which you should know if you go there. To me Italian foods especially go down better with a glass of wine. There is a store nearby, about a five minute ride at Sweetheart corners. Anyway, everyone is very nice, and service is well, friendly, which means it could be quicker, but you feel bad complaining about how your family waits on you. Not a chain thought process on service, but it's neighborhood nice. Big portions on some meals, you'll leave with a box for home. Try the meatball appetizer, very nice. After that it's what you order and find familiar to family tastebuds. Sauce was fine, everything was fine. Again, it's not gourmet, it's Italian home cooking and with that, it's your interpretation of what's good. Get there early, it gets s packed.

1  Thank CliveWatkins