“Comfortable and Convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Stony Brook
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Comfortable and Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel time and time again. This is my hometown but no family members live in the area any more - so we have to sleep somewhere. And this hotel is much better than my mother's guest room ever was.

The staff is friendly. I am a Priority Club member and I feel like I get perks when I check in. One time, we were upgraded to the Jacuzzi Suite. The tub was in the room - not the bathroom and was as big as the King sized bed! So fun!

There is breakfast in a comfortable room off the lobby. Complimentary newspaper and TV's to catch up on the news. There's plenty of parking, even some nice outdoor areas to play or take pictures. But to be clear, this hotel is on the highway. I think though - that's the best part! It is so close to everything - shopping, other nearby turnpikes and roads. It takes just minutes to get anywhere from here.

All is all, simple in a great location.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

The hotel is ok.its middle of the hightway or it feels so. Just average.nothing special.would probably stay again because i am not sure if there are more to select from.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank t0309999
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

This is the third HIE I've stayed in and it was just ok. The staff was really helpful but that can't really help the overly-warm pool,too many firm pillows (I know, I know..) the wonky a/c(with the hockey-puck deod) or the slightly mildewy aroma. I mean the room was the usual HIE nice size and I love triple sheeting but for $152 bucks a night? Was hoping for a little better.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night on our weekend getaway to Mahattan/Long Island. As a platinum member of priority club, we were upgraded to a two room suite on the 6th floor. This was a first for us to have two rooms to ourselves, and it was very nice to have the extra space and a change of pace from the typical Holiday Inn Express room. Our floor had a decent size sitting area next to the elevator which would have been nice if traveling with a group. There was also plenty of seating in the downstairs lobby and breakfast area. We could have played horseshoes or sand volleyball on the courts right outside, and the front desk should have free equipment but we did not verify this. We were recommended to try John Harvard's restaurant/brewery for dinner, and we enjoyed some tasty food and good beer, I went for the beer sampler. Overall, a comfortable hotel that treated us well.

Room Tip: They have a handful of suites, so if you can snag one, take it
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed here for two nights on business. Check -in was quick and easy and the front desk staff were very nice and helpful. I secured the shuttle for both days to and from Stony Brook hospital and to and from the airport. It was on time and very convenient. It was raining the first day so I could not walk to the restaurants, but had a nice salad from the market place located within the hotel. Papa Johns delivers to the hotel so that was a plus. Wireless was pretty much non-existent in the room; I had to go to the lobby to get a decent signal. Room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel uses some kind of room deodorizer that had a very strong floral scent. It was bothersome at first, but then I got used to it. The breakfast was very good with hot and cold items. Newspapers were also available in the breakfast room at no charge. I would stay here again as it was very convenient to where I needed to be.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Three Village Inn
#3 of 3 in Stony Brook
12.1 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook? Share your experiences!