All reviews bed and breakfast new york taylor st b bs other guests easy access ferry bayonne
Reviewed 25 October 2016

We stayed at the Victorian B&B for 2 nights last weekend, while visiting family nearby on Staten Island. Out host Danuta was very welcoming, and provided an excellent breakfast for both nights of our stay.
The rooms are very clean, and a good size. Comfortable bed, we both slept very well!
We would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
victorian2009, Owner at Victorian Bed & Breakfast of Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Dear guests,
I thank you very much for being appreciative and gracious.
I will hope you will be my guests in the future.
My best regards,
Danuta

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Contrary to the busy bustling Manhattan, the Staten Island gives your head a good sense of serenity.
Tucked in this island, a hidden piece of history - the Victorian B & B Guesthouse. The house was arranged like aa typical victorian house.
The room was clean with bits of little interesting pieces.
The area is close to bus stops, delis and groceries.
Neighborhood is quiet.
The breakfast is served with varieties of breads, spreads, fruits,etc.
Denuta's hospitality was so contagious that even one of the guest accommodated us when we arrived while waiting for her.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank therisious
victorian2009, Owner at Victorian Bed & Breakfast of Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your enthusiastic review. Loved it.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

Like everyone else who has reviewed this establishment, I found Denuta and her lovely Victorian home to be amazing. The house is tastefully decorated, the rooms are comfy and clean, and the property is just covered with beautiful roses. Plus, for those visiting NYC, it is the most convenient place we found to access the city. It's just a short hop from the B&B to the Staten Island Ferry and then to Manhattan. The real treasure about this bed and breakfast though is Denuta herself. She is a lovely lady with a slight Polish accent who just beams with positive energy. She laughs easily and is so warm and gracious. It felt like we were visiting a long lost relative. As others have mentioned, she is a great cook and prepared a lovely breakfast each morning we were there. The fresh fruit salads, eggs, whole grain toasts, orange juice and every imaginable condiment were delicious. My granddaughter and I had the fortune of arriving when an old friend of Denuta's, a house guest from 24 years ago, returned to see her. It was wonderful to see old friends happy to see each other after so many years apart and interesting to fascinating to hear their stories. On our last night there, my car was inadvertently locked in a parking garage near the ferry and when I asked Denuta about cab service to pick it up, she jumped up from her own breakfast and insisted on driving me to the garage. That trip turned into an adventure for both of us and she was most gracious about it. I just can't say enough nice things about her or her lovely business. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Avalon1961
victorian2009, Owner at Victorian Bed & Breakfast of Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2016

Dear Marietta , thank you for this wonderful review and appreciation . In did we had some exciting thinks happening when you were here. I will remember the conversation in the car when ,I drove you to the garage to pick up your car.
Be well and hope to see you again.

Danuta

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

For those not used to the pace of Manhattan this time capsule of a gentler age is a magical tonic. Ms Gorlach takes every effort and fills each room with literature and artifacts from old Staten Island and architecture and art in New York. When you've filled up on her wonderful breakfast, get a local cab to quickly reach the ferry and enjoy stunning views of the Statue of Liberty on your (free) ride.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
victorian2009, Owner at Victorian Bed & Breakfast of Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review and for being such an appreciative guest . I will have incentive to keep doing a good job. Thank you Peter.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

Denuda and her friend Joan were just wonderful. From the minute you walked in the door you felt welcome, they both went out of their way to see that all of our needs were
met. Oh my gosh every morning we woke up to a wonderful breakfast, anything that we wanted they had. The home itself was very clean and neat. Just a nice place to stay with very nice people. Hi Denuda and Joan, I hope that you are both well. The only thing was that you had to tgake a bus to the Staten Island ferry this was fine, but one time it did not run and we had to take a cab, but that was not that bad $5.00 Marcia and Phil

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple