US$204
US$186
US$165
US$186
US$182
Comfort Inn Staten Island(Staten Island)(Great Value!)
US$157
Budget Inn(Elizabeth)
US$84
US$164
US$127
All reviewsbed and breakfastnew yorkother guestsferrybayonne
Reviewed 10 May 2015

A Bed & Breakfast establishment should provide at least good beds and good breakfasts, and Danuta's accommodation excels on both counts and more. She takes her duties as host very seriously, and succeeds with a certain flair. The beds are very comfortable indeed, and the breakfasts a feast: her home is very comfortable, cozy and spotless, and a welcome contrast to life in Manhattan. We awoke to the sound of birdsong every morning.

The S40 bus from the Staten Island Ferry stops at the end of Taylor Street, about a hundred yards or so from No 92, and services are frequent (the bus runs about every 15 mins, and the ferry usually every half-hour).

Room Tip: I suggest you take Danuta's advice regarding the best room for your needs.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John G
Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days for my birthday. The bed and breakfast was so beautiful, like going back in time. Our room was very large and lovely as well. Danuta made breakfast each morning for us and wow is all I can say. Everything you could imagine was made and it was great. She was so nice and helpful with everything. The neighborhood felt safe, I left my car there while we in Manhattan and it was fine. The ferry is about 3 miles from the bed and breakfast and was an easy taxi ride(about $10). This place is a wonderful option if you want to avoid staying in uber expensive Manhattan but still want to explore the city during the day.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JordynB1985
Reviewed 4 January 2015

I stayed here Dec 27-31, 2014.
The place is easy to get to by public transport, first the ferry then the 40/44 bus to Taylor St. ($2.50)
Time to travel is about 2 hours from JFK (airtrain-subway-ferry-bus)

I stayed in a "queen room" which was so very nice with christmas lights and the old-fashioned decorations. Felt very much like home. The radiator noise scared me at night with its whistling sound, but then it got silent. The bathroom was shared and the kitchen available at all times.
I did not hear much noise from street or other rooms.

Danuta the owner is most nice and lovely lady with a friendly and helpful attitude to her guests.
She makes the breakfast too, and believe me it is a lot better than in most hotels. I enjoyed our conversations, Danuta is a very intelligent lady. Tell your story and you get a story in return.

This hotel is best for longer stays.
My experience was most wonderful and this place is my choice for future trips to NYC.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Evgeniia M
Reviewed 21 November 2014

We stayed here for a night after traveling for over 20Hr's. Danuta the owner was so helpful, to the point she dropped us of at a local restaurant for some dinner and came and picked us up afterwards(free). not many propitiators would do that. The room was large and very clean and comfy.
Danuta wasn't only the host, but a wealth of knowledge. The hotel had so many interesting facts and features all over the home even the basement bar from the prohibition era was great.
If your looking for flash, don't waste your time. But homely and very friendly, well Danuta will not disappoint. Certainly will use again if in the area.

Room Tip: Any Room would be good
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graeme F
Reviewed 19 November 2014

Very nice B&B. Very welcoming, hospitable, interesting and knowledgeable hostess, Danuta. 1850-ish architecture. Many original pieces. Wonderful breakfast. Comfy bed. Clean. Free on-street parking. Slight noise problem with radiator (Should be an easy fix). Felt safe but not too sure of the North Shore Staten island area in general.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple