“NY's Best Kept Secret!”

Victorian Bed & Breakfast of Staten Island
Reviewed 29 May 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights when we came up to visit Manhattan.
The house was gorgeous, we loved our room (we were on the top floor with our own little screened in porch, it was lovely), and Danuta is the best hostess anyone could ask for. She made sure we had everything we needed, and was just generally a lovely person.

Some things to note! It will take you about 15 minutes by bus to get to the Staten Island Ferry, then another 30 minutes on the ferry to get to Manhattan, then another 20+ minutes from there to get you wherever you're going. This is no fault of the B&B, obviously, but I wanted to mention it for anyone making plans in the City... Allow yourself at least an hour and a half to get there. :)

~ Jeff & Drew MacKenzie

Room Tip: I was happy we chose a top floor room, the floors are pretty creaky (it's a historic home, what...
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MacKenzie S

Reviewed 10 May 2015

A Bed & Breakfast establishment should provide at least good beds and good breakfasts, and Danuta's accommodation excels on both counts and more. She takes her duties as host very seriously, and succeeds with a certain flair. The beds are very comfortable indeed, and the breakfasts a feast: her home is very comfortable, cozy and spotless, and a welcome contrast to life in Manhattan. We awoke to the sound of birdsong every morning.

The S40 bus from the Staten Island Ferry stops at the end of Taylor Street, about a hundred yards or so from No 92, and services are frequent (the bus runs about every 15 mins, and the ferry usually every half-hour).

Room Tip: I suggest you take Danuta's advice regarding the best room for your needs.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John G
Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days for my birthday. The bed and breakfast was so beautiful, like going back in time. Our room was very large and lovely as well. Danuta made breakfast each morning for us and wow is all I can say. Everything you could imagine was made and it was great. She was so nice and helpful with everything. The neighborhood felt safe, I left my car there while we in Manhattan and it was fine. The ferry is about 3 miles from the bed and breakfast and was an easy taxi ride(about $10). This place is a wonderful option if you want to avoid staying in uber expensive Manhattan but still want to explore the city during the day.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JordynB1985
Reviewed 4 January 2015

I stayed here Dec 27-31, 2014.
The place is easy to get to by public transport, first the ferry then the 40/44 bus to Taylor St. ($2.50)
Time to travel is about 2 hours from JFK (airtrain-subway-ferry-bus)

I stayed in a "queen room" which was so very nice with christmas lights and the old-fashioned decorations. Felt very much like home. The radiator noise scared me at night with its whistling sound, but then it got silent. The bathroom was shared and the kitchen available at all times.
I did not hear much noise from street or other rooms.

Danuta the owner is most nice and lovely lady with a friendly and helpful attitude to her guests.
She makes the breakfast too, and believe me it is a lot better than in most hotels. I enjoyed our conversations, Danuta is a very intelligent lady. Tell your story and you get a story in return.

This hotel is best for longer stays.
My experience was most wonderful and this place is my choice for future trips to NYC.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Evgeniia M
Reviewed 21 November 2014

We stayed here for a night after traveling for over 20Hr's. Danuta the owner was so helpful, to the point she dropped us of at a local restaurant for some dinner and came and picked us up afterwards(free). not many propitiators would do that. The room was large and very clean and comfy.
Danuta wasn't only the host, but a wealth of knowledge. The hotel had so many interesting facts and features all over the home even the basement bar from the prohibition era was great.
If your looking for flash, don't waste your time. But homely and very friendly, well Danuta will not disappoint. Certainly will use again if in the area.

Room Tip: Any Room would be good
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple