US$154
US$128
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

Book now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$84
US$132
US$98
All reviewsbed and breakfastnew yorkother guestsferrybayonne
Reviewed 4 January 2015

I stayed here Dec 27-31, 2014.
The place is easy to get to by public transport, first the ferry then the 40/44 bus to Taylor St. ($2.50)
Time to travel is about 2 hours from JFK (airtrain-subway-ferry-bus)

I stayed in a "queen room" which was so very nice with christmas lights and the old-fashioned decorations. Felt very much like home. The radiator noise scared me at night with its whistling sound, but then it got silent. The bathroom was shared and the kitchen available at all times.
I did not hear much noise from street or other rooms.

Danuta the owner is most nice and lovely lady with a friendly and helpful attitude to her guests.
She makes the breakfast too, and believe me it is a lot better than in most hotels. I enjoyed our conversations, Danuta is a very intelligent lady. Tell your story and you get a story in return.

This hotel is best for longer stays.
My experience was most wonderful and this place is my choice for future trips to NYC.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Evgeniia M
Reviewed 21 November 2014

We stayed here for a night after traveling for over 20Hr's. Danuta the owner was so helpful, to the point she dropped us of at a local restaurant for some dinner and came and picked us up afterwards(free). not many propitiators would do that. The room was large and very clean and comfy.
Danuta wasn't only the host, but a wealth of knowledge. The hotel had so many interesting facts and features all over the home even the basement bar from the prohibition era was great.
If your looking for flash, don't waste your time. But homely and very friendly, well Danuta will not disappoint. Certainly will use again if in the area.

Room Tip: Any Room would be good
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graeme F
Reviewed 19 November 2014

Very nice B&B. Very welcoming, hospitable, interesting and knowledgeable hostess, Danuta. 1850-ish architecture. Many original pieces. Wonderful breakfast. Comfy bed. Clean. Free on-street parking. Slight noise problem with radiator (Should be an easy fix). Felt safe but not too sure of the North Shore Staten island area in general.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank invenereal
Reviewed 18 October 2014

We recently made a trip to Staten Island to visit our son and we booked into this delightful place solely on reviews that we saw on TripAdvisor. We were NOT disappointed.
This house has so much history, and Danuta who runs this beautiful home knows
more about where she lives than most of us who were born here do.
The rooms were spotless and appointed and the common area was fun and relaxing to say nothing of her breakfasts and hospitality.
The area was welcoming and close to the Staten Island Ferry and a quick and beautiful trip into the heart of NYC.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rita R
Reviewed 12 October 2014

I have been to New York a few times before, but this is the first time in Staten Island and the first time in a Bed & Breakfast. I chose Victorian B&B after reading all the good reviews at Tripadvisor, and I don't regret at all. The B&B is very beautiful and decorated to it's finest.
The rooms are very nice, with a big comfortable bed and a bathroom that you share with just one more room. The room I stayed in had a private porch with a rocking chair and the view that overlooked the neighborhood.
The breakfast can be included at the list of New York's attractions. You can have bread with several different spreads, eggs, cakes, fruits, coffee, juice, the options are endless.
Many reviews said the location was probably unsafe, but that is not true. It, s definitely not a fancy neighborhood and some properties around are in need for some repairs, however it's a family environment. One night I came from the city at midnight and there were people walking their dogs...AT MIDNIGHT. I guess it proves the neighborhood to be safe!
And the last but not the least, Danuta is a great hostess, a good person to chat with during the breakfast with other guests. She does everything to make you feel at home.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple