All reviews old house yogurt private bathroom the salt water pool fantastic stay place to stay beautiful house new york city perfect location elizabeth lane beaches bishop summer southhampton
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We rented the entire Bed and Breakfast for a Thanksgiving Family gathering. There were 18 of us, mostly adults, and were so fortunate that Mainstay was available for our exclusive use. The house is better than the pictures show, traditional, charming and welcoming. The kitchen was fully equipped, with both the necessities and the niceties, such as charming old silverware and eclectic dishes. Conveniently located to Southhampton, a fabulous town, and a short distance to the beaches. Planning our family gathering with Elizabeth was seamless. She even thoughtfully purchased a new roaster for cooking our turkey. The price was very reasonable given the number of people looking to stay together in one home.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2017

When looking for a weekend getaway from New York City, we came across The Mainstay and couldn't have picked a more perfect location! We rented the entire Mainstay in November with 8 couples and 4 babies and it was absolutely wonderful. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and almost all with their own private bathroom. The common spaces were large and well equipped. The outside gardens were beautiful and the location was perfect! We could walk to town, it was a quick 2 minute drive to beach and it was set back from the road so we had peace a quiet. Working with Elizabeth was seemless and she made sure our party had everything that we needed. Not only would I highly recommend the Mainstay, but we will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
ElizabethMain, Owner at Mainstay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Thank you Jenny for leavibg dry thing in great shape. It was a pleasure to have up and we look forward to it again
ELIZABETH

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Spent this past weekend at The Mainstay with my 2 daughters (20 and 23) and my sister to celebrate her birthday. We had an exceptional time from the moment we arrived. The Mainstay feels like your own private home -- Elizabeth, the owner, makes you feel at home the moment she greets you. The rooms and suites are spacious and comfortable and each is decorated differently. There is a beautiful pool with lounge chairs and the newest addition, a pink flamingo floaty! We ate most of our meals out by the pool, except for the lovely breakfast that Elizabeth serves in the quaint dining room. I cant recommend The Mainstay enough ---Can't wait to go back.... if only there was availability! It books up quickly.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely, We stayed in Hill Street!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Susie S
ElizabethMain, Owner at Mainstay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you so much for the lovely review, it was a wonderful weekend with you and your family, you all made everything so happy the way southampton is in the summer.
Please come again with your girls and share some rose with your sister. It was a treat having you all.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I rented this house for a bachelorette party and it comfortably slept 20 women for the weekend. The house has a cottage-like feel, the bathroom and kitchen are all a bit dated, but as long as your expectations are set going in, you won't be disappointed.

The house was clean, spacious and the pool was great too. Also, the location is convenient - only a 5 minute ride into town.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
ElizabethMain, Owner at Mainstay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you so much for the review, it was a pleasure to have you stay at The Mainstay.
Please come again when you can.
Southampton NY

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I have been going to the Hamptons for many years so I know the area well. I love Southampton for many reasons. I discovered mainstay last summer, lucky me. I called Elizabeth, she had 1 room available from a last minute cancel; she said "come out." I have stayed at a few Inns in Southampton over the years but none compare to Mainstay.
Mainstay is a big beautiful house in the best location, right on Hill Street. It is 2 minutes from town and a minute from the beach. You are transformed to relaxation the minute you drive into the driveway. Each room at mainstay has its own unique warm feel. I have enjoyed Hill St, Meadow and Bishop lane. All of the rooms are beautiful, spacious and the beds so comfortable. You always get the best night sleep. Elizabeth, the owner, has decorated the house so that you feel at home. It is warm, inviting and so relaxing. It is perfect for everyone, families, couples or if you come alone to relax... What I love about mainstay is... well what i don't love is that the summer is only 3 months... I would spend every weekend at mainstay if I could and more time in August... When you wake up, a beautiful breakfast awaits you-- fruit, cereal, waffles, bread, eggs, yogurt, OJ and of course coffee. I always meet interesting friendly people at breakfast. I usually run off to spin class with a full belly but when I get back, I go right to the salt water pool, IT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL. I can't explain, you have to go.. The pool is surrounded by beautiful greenery, trees, a garden, pretty flowers-- its my 'go to' spot.. and with a glass rose in the afternoon, a perfect day. Elizabeth also provides a beach pass to nearby beaches. If you get the chance to chat with Elizabeth, you will realize why the mainstay is such a special place. Elizabeth not only loves mainstay (and her 2 girls) but she also cares about people. She will make sure your stay is the best it can be... THANK YOU Elizabeth and Mainstay for... miss A, always welcoming us and making us feel at home.
Can't wait for next weekend!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful. Just depends on how many beds you need...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
ElizabethMain, Owner at Mainstay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Carolyn, it is always wonderful having you stay. See you soon, thank you for the review.
Mainstay