“Amazing B and B. Like staying in a historic museum or in a historic site with added bonus of kind and amazing hosts.”
Review of 1708 House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
1708 House
Ranked #2 of 6 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Beautiful and well restored historic home. Perfect location. One minute walk to Main Street
Peaceful and comfortable. We felt right at home and really enjoyed the conversations with the owner and his daughter. All rooms were beautifully maintained and restored and enhanced with unique and beautiful antique furniture. Fortunate to have been there in early December
Love the added beauty of the town and the 1708 house with gorgeous Christmas decorations throughout .
The wine cellar dates back to the 1600’s and is an amazing experience and even has artifacts found from centuries before in this home . I have traveled throughout Europe multiple times and stayed in unique older properties . I would rate our experience and all the history we learned at the 1708 HOUSE up there in the top 10 of B andBs we have ever stayed at ..WELL WORTH THE TRIP ,

Stayed: December 2017

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We had a very lovely stay at The 1708 House. The history of the House is really incredible yet it has all modern amenities. Perfection. Really beautiful and clean. We walked into town every day - and shopped ! J Crew is about 100 yards from the front door! And the ocean is a mile away! Great getaway!
Highly recommend!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I stayed here overnight last week. It was gorgeous. My room was extremely clean and nicely furnished. The bed was clearly high end, with an expensive mattress - so comfortable. I don't normally sleep well in hotels, but I slept like a baby. The staff is nice. They take care of you, but also stay out of your way. I hate when hotel staff hover over me, so this was perfect. Loved that there were snacks, including wine, out the entire time I was there. The breakfast was delicious - amazing quiche. The cellar area, which is set up with games and bottles of wine that you can drink paying via an honor system was perfect.There are so many hooks inside and outside the house where you can curl up with a book. I was there for work, but am already scheming to treat myself to a night or two away one day soon. A plus.

Room Tip: I was in a Queen bed in Room 7 and I'd definitely stay there again.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Stayed 3 nights - myself and my adult daughter. Our accommodation had 2 separate bedrooms which was ideal. Very well presented throughout and helpful staff. Breakfast included most things you could ever want to eat. A delightful stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2016

The B & B is just lovely! Décor is in the 1708 period. Decorated beautifully for Christmas.
Nice to just explore the downstairs. Beautifully decorated breakfast table. There are plenty of very nice goodies for a snack.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Boyd R, Owner at 1708 House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2016

Thank you for your very complimentary review. So glad you enjoyed our property and that you were able to visit Southampton during the holiday season, a time when the village and The 1708 House shine. We look forward to having you as guest in the future!