All reviews wine cellar adult daughter restored historic beautiful antique furniture breakfast was excellent b and b perfect location short drive cooper's beach southampton village artifacts centuries nibbles hosts nyc
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We had a very lovely stay at The 1708 House. The history of the House is really incredible yet it has all modern amenities. Perfection. Really beautiful and clean. We walked into town every day - and shopped ! J Crew is about 100 yards from the front door! And the ocean is a mile away! Great getaway!
Highly recommend!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jamaicamecrazie
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I stayed here overnight last week. It was gorgeous. My room was extremely clean and nicely furnished. The bed was clearly high end, with an expensive mattress - so comfortable. I don't normally sleep well in hotels, but I slept like a baby. The staff is nice. They take care of you, but also stay out of your way. I hate when hotel staff hover over me, so this was perfect. Loved that there were snacks, including wine, out the entire time I was there. The breakfast was delicious - amazing quiche. The cellar area, which is set up with games and bottles of wine that you can drink paying via an honor system was perfect.There are so many hooks inside and outside the house where you can curl up with a book. I was there for work, but am already scheming to treat myself to a night or two away one day soon. A plus.

Room Tip: I was in a Queen bed in Room 7 and I'd definitely stay there again.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Stayed 3 nights - myself and my adult daughter. Our accommodation had 2 separate bedrooms which was ideal. Very well presented throughout and helpful staff. Breakfast included most things you could ever want to eat. A delightful stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2016

The B & B is just lovely! Décor is in the 1708 period. Decorated beautifully for Christmas.
Nice to just explore the downstairs. Beautifully decorated breakfast table. There are plenty of very nice goodies for a snack.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Boyd R, Owner at 1708 House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2016

Thank you for your very complimentary review. So glad you enjoyed our property and that you were able to visit Southampton during the holiday season, a time when the village and The 1708 House shine. We look forward to having you as guest in the future!

Reviewed 5 December 2016

My husband and I stayed at 1708 for a weekend winter night getaway. It was lovely in every way. Some B&B's tend toward the "too quaint", "too precious", but that was not the case here. Rather the house has great old bones which have been well preserved to enjoy. Not fussy. We stayed in a room in the rafters on the third floor. Super comfortable. Super clean. Quite beautiful paintings adorn the walls downstairs in the common rooms. Some are for sale. Owner and his staff are available to answer any and all questions about the area. Our pleasure to get to stay @ 1708 House

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanvM33
Boyd R, Owner at 1708 House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2016

Thank you for your glowing review - we truly appreciate your kind words. It is OUR pleasure to accommodate guests. We look forward to our 21st year and do hope you will stay with us again.