“Sloatsburg Diamond in the Rough”
Review of Jessie's Bagels

Jessie's Bagels
Ranked #2 of 4 Bakeries in Sloatsburg
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Jessies is a road side gem for bagels or sandwiches. To strangers passing by the aged & weathered building, it would be easy to discount it as a place worthy of a visit. Well, I feel sorry for you!

My wife and I were in transit from our residence in South Carolina to our summer home in Maine and had made a last minute decision to stop in Sloatsburg to seek out graves of family relatives. As we still had 200 miles or more to reach our next destination, we were in need of a quick noontime meal before returning to the interstate roadways and Jessies made our day.

A shared hamburger. cooked exactly as requested (medium rare) on a freshly baked hard roll, was as good as it gets. Watching workers, commercial drivers and locals line up for take outs, we knew that we had made a great choice.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

locally owned and operated. loving care given to every order. really nice selection of sandwisches, breakfast foods and bagels as well as salads and beverages

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

With as many rave reviews as Jessie's got I expected to be blown away. My wife and I got the bacon, egg, and cheese on and everything bagel with coffee. The sandwich was good for sure and ranks well above an Einsteins or Brugers chain restaurant but I don't know that it warrants the 4.5 stars it currently has. The cheese wasn't melted, the egg wasn't fresh and only luke warm and the coffee was just warm tasteless water.

I wanted to like the place but it didn't stand up to my expectations. I would go back if someone else wanted to but would prefer to try somewhere else.

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Nice service. Great ny style bagels. Best in sloatsburg. Excellent egg sandwiches. Very good prices. Easy parking.
Sandwiches look good but I didn't order one.

Reviewed 30 August 2015

Very good place..the same staff for year..have a much bigger store now..moved from next door tho the old farm stand where I used to buy produce and flowers....great New York bagels!!