See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2011

The service was excellent, we loved the style of the room, the location is very quiet and relaxable and the food was absolutely DELICIOUS!:) The owners were very nice and helpful about everything! 4 hours drive was worth it!:)))

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Stone Rose! Lynda, Chuck and Frances treated us like family, and they thought of every single detail to make us feel welcome.

The breakfast was delicious, served on beautiful china in a charming dining room with a lovely view. We loved the bacon and the fresh maple syrup.

We stayed in the Garden View Room, and my favorite part was the gorgeous view of the gardens, trees, and a winding stream, right outside our window.

The room was very comfortable, and the whole inn was decorated in a Victorian country style. The room includes magazines, and the bathroom is stocked with shower products in cute travel sizes. I really liked the complimentary chocolate that Lynda put in the hallway for us.

The only thing to keep in mind is that you are in the country, and most restaurants are at least 10 minutes away, so don’t wait until the last minute to figure out where you want to go for dinner or lunch.

We loved Howe Caverns, but one of my favorite parts of the trip was actually looking at the gorgeous scenery everywhere we drove.

We also loved their adorable dog, Scruffy, who was very friendly. We would definitely go back to the Stone Rose again.

Room Tip: The Garden View Room was wonderful.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I was in on business with my husband, but turned stayed for two days so we could do some sight-seeing, too. The experience was well worth the drive to where we were going. They've thought of nearly everything. We didn't want for anything. Lots of food, special treats, a tastefully concealed, stocked mini-fridge and microwave, and so much more.

Warm, genuine people with good food and exceptional service. Oh, and coffee and hot cider delivered to our room! How could I forget that? We've stayed at B & Bs around the world and Stone Rose is now in our top three. Just fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank vickeya
Reviewed 9 November 2010

What a lovely family and very warm welcoming feeling. Everything is beautiful and generous as well as DELICIOUS. Lynda went out of her way to help us figure out the area roads and was always at the read with advice. Things were offered even before you had to ask for them in generous and kindly manner. I can't ask for anything that could have been done to make the stay better. Lots of snacks, fridge with beverages, delicious desert with tea at night. AMAZING breakfast!! We love to chat and there was plenty of warmth and a genuine down to earth friendliness. If you're looking for a terrific comfortable beautiful home away from home you wont find better!!! They are in a great location for visiting many attractions in Central New York and you can actually check their website for distances to numerous attractions. Their brochure mentions that the Stone Rose is a destination in and of itself and this is absolutely TRUE. If you want a lovely place to stay and relax off the beaten path, you'll find it here with BEAUTIFUL and extensive grounds as well as a large pond and old stage coach trail for hiking. And if we'd gone earlier in the year it's clear they have lovely flowers and gardens.
I'm a poor sleeper and have a memory foam mattress and we have a large bed so the queens size was a bit small and the lack of pillow top or memory foam was a bit hard on me but my fiance slept really well - so this is more of an issue with me needing the kind of beds in terms of size and comfort which is way beyond what even an excellent B&B can offer and still be affordable.
They have a premium cable package the room was incredibly comfortable as well as lovely in it's decorations without feeling like a 'museum' - still had a warm cozy feeling.
The Inn was gorgeous and I LOVE Lynda's taste and artistic touches throughout.
While at the Stone Rose we visited Howe Cavern and the Indian museum (though we were a bit disappointed that this wasn't larger with more information - it was just one floor and not really great for learning as much as we'd have liked to about the various cultures of the tribes in this region. There was sooo much to see if we'd have had more time and plenty to explore right on the acres of the Stone Rose too (http://www.stonerosebandb.com/). You'll surely love Lynda, Chuck, Francis and Scruffy! They were honestly warm and friendly as well as wonderfully accommodating.
Hope this was helpful!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2010

My husband and I decide to get away for our first Valentines together. The Stone Rose came highly recommended to us so we set out for a weekend away. Lynda, Chuck and Francis were very hospitable when we arrived. The room was super spacious and large enough that we had a private living room with a fire place and felt very at home. The next morning we were greeted with coffee by the door and a card. We enjoyed one of the best breakfast we’ve ever had and loved that they paid such attention to detail and made us feel very special. We will definitely come back again!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple