“Best Chinese Around!”

Fortune Cookie
Ranked #8 of 10 Dessert in Schenectady
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 29 January 2015

Tried out 'Fortune Cookie' for the first time last night and I have to say, my wife and I were very impressed. First of all, being vegetarian, it can be tough to find good chinese. Not here. They have a ton of options for people of the non-meat eating persuasion including the best Vegetable Egg Rolls I've ever had, anywhere. The Veggie Fried Rice was delicious, as was their General Tso's Tofu. We will absolutely be back here as they have absolutely unseated Golden House as our 'go-to' Chinese place.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

First of all, they don't use MSG which is a must for me! The food tastes great; over the years I have eaten the same dish (Sesame chicken, white meat only) at over 30 area chinese restaurants, and Fortune Cookie is consistently the best, with the best flavor and the best consistency of their meat. My husband has ordered other meats and been pleased, and we have both enjoyed their lomein, fried rice, egg rolls, and crab rangoons over the years. Overall, everyone who I have encountered there was nice and there was not the language barrier I have experienced in some other restaurants. Also, the restaurant is clean, and they always get our order right. The one complaint I have is that I ordered from the healthy section of the menu, which is what I order now, and they gave me all vegetables and only two tiny strips of chicken- for almost $10 that upset me. I do think it was a mistake because I said I wanted mostly chicken and no vegetables, and this was the first time I encountered someone on the phone with a slight language barrier, so I'm thinking when he asked me what kind of vegetables he was thinking I wanted almost all vegetables. Anyhow, other than this one snafu, the food and service has been excellent and I would recommend to anyone who is looking for good chinese food. In fact, I am writing this review because we just ordered again tonight!

1  Thank MBRuss
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is usually one of our meals when we visit family in the area. We have eaten at lots of good take out restaurants, but this one has never failed us no matter what we order. Everything is genuine, and the prices are very reasonable. If you phone them your order is usually ready by the time you drive to this place (less than 20 minutes), and the staff are friendly and efficient. This place is near the top of my list for this type of food. They have a few tables to eat in, but the atmosphere is definitely take out. The plaza is easy to get in and out of, and parking is not a problem.