“Disapointing and aweful”

Ranked #37 of 79 Restaurants in Saugerties
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 July 2017

So many things wrong with this place.

We stopped on the road to get lunch. Right near highway. Giant diner, almost empty. That should have said something. My son ordered from the kids menu, Mac and cheese. I ordered soup and 1/2 sandwich. My husband ordered chicken cordon blue sandwich.

Soup was definitely canned. Tasted like metal. 1/2 sandwich was teeny tiny.
chicken was insanely dry, had a piece of cheese and ham slapped on it. Cold. Yuck.
When my sons mac & cheese came out, i couldn’t believe what i saw. It was a plate of instant powdered mac and cheese with a loaf or bread on the side. (this was $6 btw)

I called the waitress over and said— this looks like powdered mac and cheese! She said very rudely, what? Its regular kraft mac and cheese— the kind you give to kids! I said to her- My son doesn’t like it, can you please take it back and bring a hot dog?

He humphed and took it back, brought back a hot dog.

While paying to leave, the manager asked how it was. I told him I could not believe that he would serve kraft fake mac and cheese to his customers. He turned red in the face, started scolding and raising his voice how that’s what kids eat and he doesn’t serve that to grownups. I said oh really? And a child shouldn’t get real food when paying for it in a restaurant? (kraft mac and cheese sells for 4 boxes for 1$ in walmart btw) I told him that his attitude was despicable and i was appalled by the food in his diner. Left really really angry., upset and sad.

What a drag
DONE EAT HERE!

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Found this Gem a short 2 min drive off the Nys thruway exit 20. Very clean! Comfortable booth! Breakfast was excellent! Definitely a stop to make on future visits!!!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

It has awhile since we ate here - so Friday nite we stopped in I had the eggplant parm my husband the hot roast beef sandwich - both excellent - it was so good we went back Sunday for lunch!
I had the turkey club my husband the chicken sandwich both came with fries - service was quick and good.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We were driving up to Hunter and wanted to grab a bite. Upon exiting the highway, we say Starway and cruised right in. It was about 9:15pm and despite their 10pm close, they did not rush us! Our salads were good-sized, the staff was friendly, and they even accommodated my friend's request for 'a bowl of romaine' to accompany the other lettuce in her salad.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We spend April-October at a campsite in Saugerties so this used to be our " go to " place when we wanted a quick bite to eat.

Like I said, used to.

The last couple of times we came service wasn't as good as it used to be and on quite a few occasions, there were upcharges added to the bill

Most recently, I asked for a 2 egg (instead of 3 eggs ) omelette and rather than adjust the bill, my husband asked if the 3rd egg could just be added to his order. The price for my omelette didn't change and my husband was charged for another egg. He asked for extra gravy with the meal and was charged an additional 2.50. His 10.95 meal ended up costing us $15+ dollars. Order was supposed to come with a biscuit - no biscuit. If you get something to go, the owner charges for the to go container. While I blame management for the prices, the waitress we had was not very attentive.

Another time I ordered bagel and lox - salmon looked old and there was barely enough on there to even cover the bagel. Have ordered a large OJ and it came in a small glass.

Don't get me wrong, if I order extra food I expect to pay for it. But when you keep adding for every little extra and your service is going downhill then it's time to find a new place

No, I didn't bother complaining about the last bill since this seems to be a recurring theme. We will just eat elsewhere.