“Excellent Food and Service!”

Hot Rocks Steakhouse
Ranked #23 of 83 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2018

This was our first time to this restaurant and we loved it! We started with the Burssels Sprouts with honey that were unique and amazing!! The serving size was huge so we shared it and although I didn't think we would be able to eat all of them - we did because they were amazing. I had the strip steak that was done to perfection. My husband had a fish dish - also so good. Our waiter was attentive, helpful and knowledgable. He was also nice. We went back again the following week because it was so good.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We live less than two miles away so its a go to place for a good meal. The menu along with the specials provides a lot of options including steaks, pizza, fish and some seafood. Everything on the menu as well as the drinks are all very reasonably priced. The owners and staff are very friendly and make you always feel welcome.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We wanted something different but wanted a steak house so we picked this placed based on the previous reviews. Well.....
The atmosphere is very nice. Rather elegant on the inside even through from the outside it looks nothing like a steak house, it the old Pizza hut from years back. We went early, 430, so there was only a few people there when we got there and just the 1 waiter.
Service was good and quick. The special drink selection is the normal 6 or 7 house drinks.
The food selection is not bad, had 2 steaks. Prices were a bit high I thought, but the steaks we're quiet good.
1 complaint I had was I was supposed to get steak fries and what I got was 4 fresh cut potato fries. Not quite what I planned on.
Towards the end of the meal, as the place did start to get busier, @ 6, service did slow down a lot. There was still only 1 waiter on when we left. I would hope another was starting shortly.
Overall, a very nice place. Food was good
Drinks were good and well priced. Have a separate bar.
And the prices although a little high not bad.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We go here all the time as we live just about 2 minutes up the road. However even if it would be further I think we would come here often. I like their food, mainly the mushroom risotto, filet mignon, salad with blue cheese dressing and the bbq ribs. I am however not a huge fan of the hot rocks idea where u cook your own steak in front of u on a literally hot rock...because I am way too hungry to be patiently waiting for the steak to cook lol

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner to celebrate his 65th birthday. Our waitress was lovely, the place is clean, the food is wonderful. Relax and enjoy...